Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Factory Fit Electric Windows

craigy

hi all

has anyone attempted to put rear electric windows in rear of car when only having front electric using ford motors and looms is this possible if anyone has done please could you help me out this is on a focus 2006 i have looms and motors door cards etc or am i on a losing battle thanks for your time

hi all

has anyone attempted to put rear electric windows in rear of car when only having front electric using ford motors and looms is this possible if anyone has done please could you help me out this is on a focus 2006 i have looms and motors door cards etc or am i on a losing battle thanks for your time

from what i understand the bolt holes etc are there for the motors so if the loom is there inside the door card with the connection for the motor then its easy enough there are various ways to do it but the most cost effective is to find a car the same at a breakers with the rear windows and remove the window and machanism and transfer otherwise its too expensive to justify doing it

from what i understand the bolt holes etc are there for the motors so if the loom is there inside the door card with the connection for the motor then its easy enough there are various ways to do it but the most cost effective is to find a car the same at a breakers with the rear windows and remove the window and machanism and transfer otherwise its too expensive to justify doing it

hi cheers for info well i have the rear cards with motors on which are now installed into rear of car and now have power running to it so sitting in rear you can use windows i also have the switch to control rear and front windows with loom for both drivers and passenger side the problem i have got is controlling rear windows from front with the 4 way switch all the motors installed have a control box attached with numerous wires coming from i have located window wires and can get the rears to go down with switch but when wanting to go up they still go down lol so if anyone out there can help or might have a wiring diagram for this system it will be much appreciated thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

hi all

still not completed this project just wondering if anyone has done this before

cheers in advance

• 4 weeks later...

i might have sussed this out ill keep you informed incase anyone else is interested

yes keep us posted i wouldnt mind doing this on mine :)

i might have sussed this out ill keep you informed incase anyone else is interested

well as from today back to square one i have the 4 way switch in drivers door controling passenger side and drivers side and i can get rear to go down when pressing the button down on the drivers side 4 way switch and when pressing up ha ha it goes down if i swap a wire around when i press down it goes up and when i press up it goes up the switch in the rear controls window up and down with no problems so bit lost at moment

well as from today back to square one i have the 4 way switch in drivers door controling passenger side and drivers side and i can get rear to go down when pressing the button down on the drivers side 4 way switch and when pressing up ha ha it goes down if i swap a wire around when i press down it goes up and when i press up it goes up the switch in the rear controls window up and down with no problems so bit lost at moment

it could be down to the gm module if it doesnt have the right software which ford started to change it wont work on the rfont switch ford got wise to people upgrading this stuff instaed of paying and left the extra software out only putting in the specific software for what the car came with so i dont believe the front switch will work

• 1 month later...

it could be down to the gm module if it doesnt have the right software which ford started to change it wont work on the rfont switch ford got wise to people upgrading this stuff instaed of paying and left the extra software out only putting in the specific software for what the car came with so i dont believe the front switch will work

hi all just a update on this matter well i finally got all windows to go up and down by the 4 way window switch at front but long came problems i could have window half way down and when wanting to put up i couldnt i had to switch off wait few minutes then i could control them this wouldnt happen all the time just when it felt like it so in the end i ripped them all out more hassle than its worth lol but thanks to all replys

hi all just a update on this matter well i finally got all windows to go up and down by the 4 way window switch at front but long came problems i could have window half way down and when wanting to put up i couldnt i had to switch off wait few minutes then i could control them this wouldnt happen all the time just when it felt like it so in the end i ripped them all out more hassle than its worth lol but thanks to all replys

i recently read on a us forum that the gm module that controls all this stuff would have to be replaced for it to work correctly bit late telling you that now i tried it for a friend and we had the sam eissues as you he decided to live with it till the rear window started going up and down whenever it wanted so we took it to ford who didnt notice it was a diy job and told them what we did he checked it all over and said it was correct the way we had it then the master mech said the gm unit needs repolaced with one from a car with similar specs but that came with factory fit 4 windows so like you we ripped it out and the parts are now fro sale on eBay

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread.

So if all the wiring is there on the body loom, its a case of finding the plug taped up in the door loom or replacing the door looms for the correct ones. And then replacing/reprogramming the GEM module to suite?

• 6 years later...

Hi there I am planning a conversion my self to electric windows I just feel it gives a car a more premium feel to have all power windows and very convenient, would it be possible to just fit a set of Ghia spec doors to your car in set colour and the electric windows just work straight away, I don't see why this would be a problem any thoughts? 

2 hours ago, Louis R said:

Hi there I am planning a conversion my self to electric windows I just feel it gives a car a more premium feel to have all power windows and very convenient, would it be possible to just fit a set of Ghia spec doors to your car in set colour and the electric windows just work straight away, I don't see why this would be a problem any thoughts? 

i guess you didnt bother to read all the previous posts above where others have tried and failed to do this ?

if rear window operation isnt already programmed into your cars control modules its not gonna work.

• Like 2

I have been told you need to rip up your floor and change the floor wire loom. 

I have completed this conversion. But the cars was a mk2 and I got parts from a mk2.5. 

I had to replace floor wiring and all door motors including wiring. 

As it's a canbus system the gem needed some modifications with elmconfig. The central locking itself will still keep working. 

So you can do it depending on what system you use, so prefacelift is Lin network and facelift is canbus. Just match it to the car year. 

The fault with the windows going wrong way is down to the gem taking control of the windows, you need the gem to give control to the driver door module. 

If your doing a retrofit with aftermarket stuff then it won't work. 

Just a reminder the floor loom is a headache to swap. I'm taking complete interior out and carpet. It also goes to fuel pump so tank needs dropping. 

But we'll worth the 4 electric windows, global closing and the folding wing mirrors. With key also but that I needed a £65 module. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi there 

i'm looking to do the conversion to electric as well it's a preface lift car. 

do i absolutely need to replace the wiring loom to a 4 electric windows car? 

because the wires are already there and i have ELM config to change the GEM thanks for your time.

also which changes do i need to make to ELM config to make it work?  

"Normal" electric windows (Front only) are conventionally controlled using switches and relays.

"Comfort" electric windows (4-electric windows) are CANbus controlled by the GEM module and door modules.

In some cases the floor wiring harness that is required for comfort windows is already present. In this case you only have to replace all door wiring harnesses and install all door modules, comfort elektric window motors and switches. If the floor wiring harness does not contain all wiring that is required for comfort windows the wiring harness either needs to be replaced or the missing wiring can be added.

• 3 months later...
On 5/18/2019 at 2:03 PM, JW1982 said:

"Normal" electric windows (Front only) are conventionally controlled using switches and relays.

"Comfort" electric windows (4-electric windows) are CANbus controlled by the GEM module and door modules.

In some cases the floor wiring harness that is required for comfort windows is already present. In this case you only have to replace all door wiring harnesses and install all door modules, comfort elektric window motors and switches. If the floor wiring harness does not contain all wiring that is required for comfort windows the wiring harness either needs to be replaced or the missing wiring can be added.

Sorry to jump in on an old thread, but is there a way to identify (easily) if the floor loom is the right one. I have a 2013 Focus Estate and would like the back windows to be electric.

• 1 year later...

sorry to bump this tread I've the mk2.5 with the x4 elec windows the rear door is damaged. so if I don't find another one that's the same I could just get a manual one and swap out the motor??

thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club