Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 2009 won't start HELP!

BP2411
聽Share

Hello everyone, after an hour of trying to start my car I've given up and left it in morrisons car park. Brief history, first I had immobiliser issues, new battery fixed this, then the car would start after a few turns of the key, then it'd take 10+ turns, today I stripped it down and ordered a new ignition switch, started the car with a screwdriver then put it all back together, went shopping as it started multiple times after this and now nothing at all, I can't even get my tunnel rat obd2 scanner to connect, I took the switch off and tried starting it with a screwdriver but nothing, now the immobiliser light is back on and I can't clear the fault cause the scanner won't connect. I looked online to see if there's a work around to get it started but due to it promoting car theft I had no luck 馃槀

I feel it is quite likely it鈥檚 a dodgy connector in a plug in the wiring loom. If it was a mk2.5 focus I could tell where the connectors are(having had similar troubles)聽but don鈥檛 know about fiesta.聽

The new ignition switch arrived today, fitted it which allowed forscan to connect, cleared the immobiliser fault & it started first time 馃

• Thanks 1

it might sound like I am all doom and gloom here. don't count your chickens yet. I can't see how an聽ignition switch problem would prevent obd fault聽code reader communicating with the ECU (assuming when you were doing this you did get the dashlights to come on) . Hope it is all fixed now but I suspect it may still have an intermittent fault.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club