Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Do you use foam/snow wash or aint it as good as a good old wash.

jace1969

As i said in the start of this topic that i need a quick wash but as good as possible as my commitments don't let me do it.

I asked about the snow-foam and also found out my Demon Shine has a normal hose fitment that does work and make it to a foam so a lot faster.

At the moment i just rinse/wash with mitt/rinse then dry and that takes around 30mins once all ready to use like water in bucket and hose out ready.

I used to spend a good 2 hours or more but no way can i do that now and car wash (hand one) i will only ever consider when i eventually go into a flat.

Also what good shampoo out there when my Demon Shine runs out soon............i just wanted to know if a foam wash and rinse is quicker and just as good.

Does anyone still use Demon snow foam as to be honest im looking into a foam one to try with a main good shampoo/conditioner so i just dry after.

@TomsFocus Whatever you decide, it's easier to keep a car looking good than to make a car that hasn't been looked after look good. Regular washing and using quick waxes and sealants are a godsend and don't break the bank if you use a mainstream brand like Autoglym. You can even get 15% off at Halfords with FOC membership which is cheaper than buying online. snow foam is less important in my opinion.

• Like 1

@jace1969 I don't think any non-contact wash will get the car clean. The Autoglym Polar range is all applied with a pressure washer but you still need to use a mitt and then dry:

https://www.autoglym.com/polarpressurewasher

You could use a system like that with you current approach as it would hardly take any longer. If I didnt have so much of their standard Shampoo and Aqua Wax left I'd try it myself!

Was also thinking about the polar range. Would make it easier with the polar seal as its easy to apply. 

Have a watch of this and see what you think. This guy reckons you can do a whole car in 30 minutes :thumbsup:

It certainly looks easier than what I do now.

• Like 2

i try to give it a quick wash every 2 weeks or so as car in hardly ever used these days like 50miles a week if that as i can't leave the house.

Just wanted to rinse off dirt/spray the snow foam if this way/spray wheel cleaner then back to rinse foam off and dry as it dries very good anyway.

I do it this way now but no foam just mitt which takes a nice bit longer.

Is there a good product which can do the both like you you can have the snow foam or in a bucket/mitt like my Demon foam does but a better one.

4 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Anyone tried this Pro-Kleen snow foam off Amazon in 5 Litre tubs.

Bilt hamber auto foam is probably one of the best foams you can get plus cheaper 👍. The autoglym polar wash and seal you could use after snow foaming to save time. 

• Like 1

Will look at that Bilt hamber because been told about this before on here.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 2:38 PM, TomsFocus said:

Got an interesting choice to make this year though...do spend more money on another 'nice' car that could bring some positive benefits (motivation to go out, take pics, be sociable and go to meets, do mods etc) or do I buy something else rubbish and spend nothing on it...keeping the spend low but not getting the potential benefits mentioned above.

Given that you can't change your username on this forum (why is that?), I think you need to get another Focus!

Seriously though, how much are you looking at spending? I would have thought you'd be able to get something worth looking after even for a modest budget.

3 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Given that you can't change your username on this forum (why is that?), I think you need to get another Focus!

Seriously though, how much are you looking at spending? I would have thought you'd be able to get something worth looking after even for a modest budget.

Lol, I think we can change name if we ask a mod to do it.   I'm actually on various platforms under similar names though...TomsFocus was at least the 6th or 7th version and more have followed! :laugh:

It's not so much the purchase price that's the issue, it's needing low running costs, reliability and a super smooth ride that's the problem...which rules out pretty much everything sporty, fun or good looking...

Annoying I had a really good spirited drive on Friday night with virtually no one else on the road...which reminded me that it's not driving I don't like, it's other people/drivers/cyclists/joggers etc.  So I might start looking for something interesting...although I need to find a different flat to move into first lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, I think we can change name if we ask a mod to do it.  

I wondered about that. Came up with mine on the spur of the moment years ago and didn't want to reuse one I'd already used in another forum. I'm a history nut (or just plain nut as the Mrs says)  and was reading a book on Anglo Saxon England at the time - EB was a Norse ruler of Northumberland for a couple of spells in the late 10th century!😀

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Annoying I had a really good spirited drive on Friday night with virtually no one else on the road...which reminded me that it's not driving I don't like, it's other people/drivers/cyclists/joggers etc.  So I might start looking for something interesting...although I need to find a different flat to move into first lol.

Oh yeah, I don't like other people either (present company excluded of course).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I wondered about that. Came up with mine on the spur of the moment years ago and didn't want to reuse one I'd already used in another forum. I'm a history nut (or just plain nut as the Mrs says)  and was reading a book on Anglo Saxon England at the time - EB was a Norse ruler of Northumberland for a couple of spells in the late 10th century!😀

Yeah, if you ask Alex or Clive I'm sure they can change it for you.  

Problem is, it becomes so familiar to everyone else I'm not sure it's worth changing! 🤔

I actually researched EB when you resurfaced last year as I'm into history as well lol.  Didn't realise you'd joined such a long time before I did until recently! 

There's quite a bit of Saxon history down this way...I frequently walk the river that the Sutton Hoo burials came along.  :smile:

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Oh yeah, I don't like other people either (present company excluded of course).

Oh I'm sure there are some annoying real life people on here...purely by the law of averages!! :biggrin:

I often wonder how different people are offline though...I'm completely different myself!  Don't speak much and don't like to antagonise or annoy people! :laugh:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I often wonder how different people are offline though...I'm completely different myself!  Don't speak much and don't like to antagonise or annoy people! :laugh:

Do you antagonise or annoy people on here? If you do then I haven't noticed. In fact FOC seems to be missing some of the annoying trends you see on other forums - namely the need to prove the OP wrong at all times, and also to resort to personal attacks when people don't agree. It's actually quite refreshing.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Problem is, it becomes so familiar to everyone else I'm not sure it's worth changing! 🤔

Yeah, that's what I figured so I stuck with it!😀

• Like 1

Just ordered some Bit hamber, looked at some good reviews on it and seems it comes top in 2 of 4 test (foam/getting dirt off/corrosion and value)only dropped in value but the main 2 getting dirt off and corrosion came top which does me, its amazing as he got mild steel and left it and some turned it to rust which is very scary.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Do you antagonise or annoy people on here? If you do then I haven't noticed. In fact FOC seems to be missing some of the annoying trends you see on other forums - namely the need to prove the OP wrong at all times, and also to resort to personal attacks when people don't agree. It's actually quite refreshing.

I feel like my presence and near constant posting is pretty annoying...maybe it's not though...  Antagonise was probably the wrong word, I know I use divisive language sometimes, but it is meant in jest.  In real life I'm too worried about upsetting anyone to disagree with them lol. :laugh: 

I was warned off being too negative on previous forums so try to reign it in these days. :wink: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I feel like my presence and near constant posting is pretty annoying...maybe it's not though...  Antagonise was probably the wrong word, I know I use divisive language sometimes, but it is meant in jest.  In real life I'm too worried about upsetting anyone to disagree with them lol. :laugh: 

I was warned off being too negative on previous forums so try to reign it in these days. :wink: 

Tom, worry not. I (and I am sure most others) find your posts helpful, informative, amusing, thoughtful and often stimulate interesting discussions. You're never going to have everybody agree, but as long as we all present our points in a civilised manner with respect for different views, no-one's going to fall out.!😀

Back (vaguely) to the topic. Finally decided to attack my wheels yesterday for the first time in months. They were looking a very odd colour after many trips up the Dales and over the moors to the coast and my mood was not helped when I found the pressure washer had given up the ghost.

So, out with the bucket, wheel brush and sponge and 3 hours later, sparkling wheels. They were encrusted with something very hard to remove which took several soakings to loosen. Don't know what it was but suspect it may have come from the rear end of an animal!😀

• Like 2

Tom.......speak your mind and what you feel (holding back on bad words on here lol) as these days people don't and then you don't get the truth, the truth is always best.

I came off one forum as a few kept having a go at me not for how many post just mostly my spelling and sometime how i word stuff, to be honest it got to me in a big way

as were all human and have our faults.

Post away mate that is what forums are for.

Back to the topic...i have got me a new Lance as well to try, so we will see, got the jet wash all set up always now inside our little shed, hose on switch on and away.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Tom.......speak your mind and what you feel (holding back on bad words on here lol) as these days people don't and then you don't get the truth, the truth is always best.

I came off one forum as a few kept having a go at me not for how many post just mostly my spelling and sometime how i word stuff, to be honest it got to me in a big way

as were all human and have our faults.

Post away mate that is what forums are for.

Back to the topic...i have got me a new Lance as well to try, so we will see, got the jet wash all set up always now inside our little shed, hose on switch on and away.

Never let people put you down intentionally or not. I feel this is something I need to try and do. I just get both angry and upset when I get antagonised by someone because they thought what I previously said about something or someone was antagonising 🙄

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Tim do you happen to frequent the TalkTalk Community Forum by any chance.

20 minutes ago, eddie eastwood said:

Tim do you happen to frequent the TalkTalk Community Forum by any chance.

LOL no. But I do frequent other car forums.

• Like 1

Back on topic, here`s one I followed earlier today that needs to use one of the cleaners mentioned or at least visit a car-wash.

photo0175.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I thought I would chip in and say that I picked up the Autoglym Polar wash set last year though have only used it once to date.

The car was very heavily soiled with the outside being sandy brown rather than Spirit Blue.

I went over the car with the jet wash a few minutes each side even before using the snow foam. Foam was ok though didn't cling to the car very long (as far as I can remember). Wash was similar to the foam, slightly less foamy but quite good at cleaning the remaining dirt. I also used a warm bucket of water and a little leftover car shampoo to agitate things before rinsing off.

I then mixed things up and ended up drying the car with the drying towel before I remembered I had to wet the car down before using the Polar seal. Jet washed down and then added the small amount of seal fluid and jet washed again. Towel dried and then lost light before finishing off. The next day things looked quite good with a little bit of morning dew beading on the car.

I will try and get some photos of the next clean I do and upload them. Cost of the polar wash was ok. If you buy from amazon then check CamelCamelCamel out first to see what the prices have been like and then set yourself a price alert if you are in no hurry to buy.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club