Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intercooler/Turbo pipe corrosion

Marquall

I bought a Mondeo Estate 2011 about 2 weeks ago in Germany where I'm stationed and during an inspection/service a pipe was discovered with corrosion and being held together with old fashioned duct tape. I think it connects the intercooler to the turbo but I'm not 100% on what direction the air flow goes. For the life of me I can't find the part online (I'm not a mechanic). I've attached a pic for reference.

Assuming someone can ID the part, since its a LHD model, does it matter if i order it in the UK or does it need to come from a German supplier. The timing belt is on the right (passenger) side of the vehicle and this pipe is on the left (drivers) side.

I'm also missing the under engine plastic shield, anyone know a part number for this?

Link to the images

https://imgur.com/a/NvZotqK

Thanks in advance

GW

Send me your vin number via PM and I will try to help you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GW

Take a look at the pic that i added, is that it?, if not, remove the upper cover and then point the tube. a5b1c2e57d73d8dd5c37d47283201f7f.jpg

1 hour ago, rbitton782 said:

GW

Take a look at the pic that i added, is that it?, if not, remove the upper cover and then point the tube. a5b1c2e57d73d8dd5c37d47283201f7f.jpg

I don't think thats the part mate...

I'm starting to narrow it down a little but still no part number

Someone here is speaking about the rubber tubing blowing up stream of the pipe that I'm talking about. The metal pipe below it (the one thats causing me the issue) either comes as 1 part, 2 parts or 3 parts.... depending on the schematic i look at. I'm pointing at it in the THIRD picture.

Schematic options...?

I noticed when researching that the part was noted as a 6c646 pipe. However when i Google it specifically i find that its either for the wrong side of the intercooler or its for the upper or lower on the correct side. Nothing comes up for the middle pipe(s)...

GW

Find it!
After taking a closer look at the pic that you added, you can see narrow pipe(belongs to the cooling system) that chafing the intercooler pipe, may be you have tiny hole that caused water dripping which you see rust.
Take a second look before order a new intercooler pipe. af6d2bfec6254da15ddac44d75ca30be.jpg121fcd819db08f0495abf7a52499874a.jpg

10 hours ago, rbitton782 said:

GW

Find it!
After taking a closer look at the pic that you added, you can see narrow pipe(belongs to the cooling system) that chafing the intercooler pipe, may be you have tiny hole that caused water dripping which you see rust.
Take a second look before order a new intercooler pipe. af6d2bfec6254da15ddac44d75ca30be.jpg121fcd819db08f0495abf7a52499874a.jpg

Thanks for the help. That CatCar image is difficult to make out. Can you find the part(s) i need on autodoc and link them please?

GW

Your part number is 1707514, this pipe is one part, it's divided to sections.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club