Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Screen blackout

Eric Bloodaxe

My screen never seems to come on twice in the same way - sometimes I get the Ford logo first, sometimes not, sometimes it comes on as soon as the car is unlocksd, sometimes when the door is opened, sometimes when the starter is pressed - very inconsistent.

This morning popped to the supermarket and it didn't come on at all for the entire journey, no reversing camera, but radio was working when I pressed the volume button. Checked I hadn't inadvertently pressed the dark screen button btw. Anyway, after shopping, unlocked the car and the screen came on when the door was opened, all seemed to be back to normal, and I've used the car a couple of times since and all seems in order. 

So, looks like another one of those unexplained "glitches" - anyone had the same, I wonder?

Yes I have had same thing similar on two occasions. Not exactly the same as yours. Open the door and a blank screen instead of the Ford logo. Reversed out of the garage and no reverse camera. By the time I got back to the car normal Home screen was back. After driving off I notice the car icon on the nav part of the screen was off by about 50 yards forward and to the left of my actual position. After about 500 yards the car icon came back to the cars actual position. No failed GPS icon showing during this 500 yard offset.

Can,t comment on the radio as I had not switched mine on.

The two occasions I had were about two months ago and a week apart. Not had it happen again since then.

Mine occurred after I had used the dark screen button which I don't usually use.

Not had problems with mine yet, I have noticed the no gps icon in bottom left of maps a few times though, but seems to sort itself out on its own, think I read fords are aware of that?

I used to get the no reverse camera screen a fair bit on my old focus mk2.5, I put it down to just being glitchy software.

Sounds like something to be added to the list of unexplained glitches, then - things that seem to disappear when everything is switched off and switched on again! Had two more relating to door locking - once when the doors wouldn't lock at all, once when they did lock but the mirrors didn't fold and the puddle lights stayed on. In both cases opening and reclosing all the doors sorted things.

GPS icon - yeah, lots of problems with that, there's a whole (long!) thread on it, so we'd better not start again here!😀

Maybe it keeps secretly updating and rebooting itself like a Windows computer 😄 Or its just a case of Ford quality...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Sounds like something to be added to the list of unexplained glitches, then - things that seem to disappear when everything is switched off and switched on again! Had two more relating to door locking - once when the doors wouldn't lock at all, once when they did lock but the mirrors didn't fold and the puddle lights stayed on. In both cases opening and reclosing all the doors sorted things.

GPS icon - yeah, lots of problems with that, there's a whole (long!) thread on it, so we'd better not start again here!😀

I've done some research over the last year Roger and have discovered that the whole APIM system is powered by a series of tiny microscopic snowflakes. 

I have had the GPS failure, the screen freeze, the non boot up and am now enjoying completely useless bluetooth as it drops connection to all phones connected to it frequently. 

I can forgive all this as I realise Ford are new to this car making game and am sure they'll get the hang of in car technology in the next version 😉

spacer.png 

• Haha 1

we've been fine with the missus Fiesta, it's nearly 18 months old.  Had a glitch once in my Focus, but only when reading a usb stick.

Not had an issue with mine yet, although I appreciate it’s only a month old.

20 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

My screen never seems to come on twice in the same way - sometimes I get the Ford logo first, sometimes not, sometimes it comes on as soon as the car is unlocksd, sometimes when the door is opened, sometimes when the starter is pressed - very inconsistent.

This morning popped to the supermarket and it didn't come on at all for the entire journey, no reversing camera, but radio was working when I pressed the volume button. Checked I hadn't inadvertently pressed the dark screen button btw. Anyway, after shopping, unlocked the car and the screen came on when the door was opened, all seemed to be back to normal, and I've used the car a couple of times since and all seems in order. 

So, looks like another one of those unexplained "glitches" - anyone had the same, I wonder?

I've had this happen many times but since it always sorts itself out I can't be bothered to waste my time at dealer whilst they cant find anything wrong.

• Like 2

Well, just to update, used the car several times a day since my original post, and screen has come on every time (one way or another, as mentioned), so it does look like another random unexplained "glitch".

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club