Sign in to follow this  
Ewan987

Face lift mk7 to mk7.5?

I put in an offer for a 2011 mk7 fiesta because it’s a good car and a good deal but I’m not kean on the out dated looking front end. I want to buy mk7.5 body panels to modernise the car and replace the headlights too, I know it’s do able but is it legal? If anyone knows, I’ve searched online and can’t find anything on it. I’m just curious because it’s illegal to have a newer private  reg plate on a old car, so surely there must be something about making your car look like a newer model, no? 

It’s absolutely fine and perfectly legal.
You’ll need to change the bumper, grill, lights and bonnet all at once. Do you really hate the pfl front end that much?

On 1/3/2020 at 9:12 PM, ssharple2001 said:

It’s absolutely fine and perfectly legal.
You’ll need to change the bumper, grill, lights and bonnet all at once. Do you really hate the pfl front end that much?

Thanks for your help, and I don’t hate it I just don’t enjoy it as much as the facelift version haha. Loads to come soon I will be documenting the switch

On 1/3/2020 at 11:15 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, exactly the same question came up in the Fiesta forum couple of weeks ago.

Thank you for your reply but I was asking for the legalities as I knew that it was doable, the facelift is the same body so it’s like big boys Lego swapping the parts haha