Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Ideas ? ABS and traction lights on.

Alan Walker

Hi, my 2.2 auto Ranger ABS and traction control lights have come on, it also appears that the ABS is not working as the wheels lock up when I stamped on the brake pedal. Could it be related to an on going issue? I have owned it for a year and took it in to a Ford garage because it had a brief grinding noise and a loss of power when accelerating, the MPG was also 22. They updated the soft ware and the problem seemed to have gone, the MPG went up to 30 however over time the noise and power loss has come back although to a lesser degree and more spread across the acceleration range, the MPG is back down to 22.

Any thoughts please.

You'll need to have the ABS fault codes read.  I doubt it's related to any PCM software though, more likely to be a simple ABS sensor.

thanks for the reply Tom, having read a few posts a few people have said that they have change sensors at £150 a pop only to find out that a new ERG valve was the problem . Any thoughts? This may also tie in with the other problem that I have.

You really need the codes read first, it's not something we can diagnose online unfortunately.  

We don't have many Ranger owners on here so I don't know if the EGR is a common fault but if you suspect EGR that can be tested via diagnostics as well.  It could potentially cause a loss of power and grinding yes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club