Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Climair WInd Deflectors Help!

JasperTheCar

Hi all,

I'm haveing issues with my MK8 Climair Wind Deflectors that i purchased, and i have a question about the installation of them.

I've followed the diagram they provide within the box and have securely fitted mine. However after 24 hours of letting them (mold) to my window, i cannot let them go up automatically without the sensor being triggered to lower the window. I have to gradually lift it up step by step and my windows seems to struggle near the top and it doesn't sound good and i don't want to stress the motor.

So my question is if you had the same issue as me or have any tips?

16 minutes ago, JasperTheCar said:

Hi all,

I'm haveing issues with my MK8 Climair Wind Deflectors that i purchased, and i have a question about the installation of them.

I've followed the diagram they provide within the box and have securely fitted mine. However after 24 hours of letting them (mold) to my window, i cannot let them go up automatically without the sensor being triggered to lower the window. I have to gradually lift it up step by step and my windows seems to struggle near the top and it doesn't sound good and i don't want to stress the motor.

So my question is if you had the same issue as me or have any tips?

have you tried resetting the window bouce back feature according to the user's manual ?

Close the window.
Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open. keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.

Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.
Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open.Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.

I hate these sort of wind deflectors on any car! Muck & grit get forced into the upper edge and eventually the top one inch of the window gets scratched to death.

Only way to stop this build up of crap which will ruin the glass is to take them off and clean them up every time you wash the car.

• 1 year later...

Having a similar issue, managed to get them in this time around, but the window will physically not close all the way, get to about 20mm before closed and the motor just won't push it anymore, the fitment is far too tight and it just will not close... Very irritating. 

Use silicone spray in the window channels- it will instantly fix the issue. 

3 minutes ago, Rogue2 said:

Use silicone spray in the window channels- it will instantly fix the issue. 

Hi Mark, after a lot of messing about they are now working, im going to post a "how i done it" guide on here shortly, in the hope it may help others in the same situation. As it annoyingly wasn't quite as straight forward as only silicone spray.

I just used silicone spray & it fixed the issue - I have since removed them & re-fitted them into my newer Fiesta with no issues at all. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club