Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 TDCI Not running right

Odball74

I have a 2007 Ford Fusion which at the moment is running on 3 out of 4 cylinders. When revved at about 1.5k, the 3rd cylinder seems to pick up and run extremely smoothly. When left to idle again it is extremely clear it is only running on three as it is shaking and vibrating like mad. I have had several readings from a Snap-On Code reader and it is telling me very different things each time it is read.

Initially the injector seals went and put the car into limp mode. I then bought a replacement seal kit for the injectors but found it was leaking diesel. After finding that the leak-off pipe was leaking diesel, I bought a genuine Ford one as the one on there was a cheap one. After the diesel leak was fixed, the car was still running extremely rough. I cleaned all the sensors and all the electrical connectors as well because all of them were coated in an oily diesel mix caused by the leak-off pipe. This did not make any difference. I then phoned another mechanic who came out to have a look and said it was the 3rd injector that had failed (this is the 2nd one from the belt but 3rd from gearbox). After replacing the injector, it made no difference to the engine. Another call out mechanic used a Snap-On reader and apparently got codes saying the other 3 injectors were also playing up, and advised to replace them. After replacing the other 3 injectors as well, I now have 4 new injectors in the car with no difference. 

I have managed to buy a FORSCAN kit of eBay and set it up on a spare laptop and I am not sure to the validity of the codes it is reporting, but according to the ForScan software, i have a P0200 Error keep popping up. After searing around on google for a couple hours, I have found nothing really helpful that would work to fix the issue. The solutions I have found include most of what I had already previously done (New seals, New injectors and Leak-off pipe).

If anyone has any ideas on how to help solve this issue, it would be very appreciated. If any other details are required to help diagnose the true issue, I shall do my best to get back to you.

Many thanks,

Brad.

No real good thoughts on this. don't know if you can do this. can you take the electrical connector off each injector, one at a time and run engine. If there is one particular one that when disconnected does not make it run worse then it already does, then that would appear to be the cylinder which is having problems . Not neccessarily the injector, maybe wiring, compression ?  but at least it might narrow down which cylinder to focus on.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever get this problem sorted as I have exactly the same issue with my Ford Fusion 1.4 tdci. Miss firing on two cylinders when cold then runs smooth when warm. This started immediately after a garage replaced the injector seals. I’ve also got a problem with a fuel leak on the plastic fuel lines which I will sort hopefully with new fuel lines from eBay (£25), I don’t like buying stuff off eBay but I don’t have transport to go to the dealers and most of the time they say stuff is on back order anyway. Let me know if anyone reckons the eBay fuel lines are good or bad.

Thanks in advance, Matt.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club