Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Offers The Best Remap Results For The Current 1.4 Petrol Engine

james_60

i just hate the fact that i know the car is capable of so much more,,, you hear all these write ups sayin the chassis aint even being tested and that raving about it but then its got a hamster under the bonnet

i just hate the fact that i know the car is capable of so much more,,, you hear all these write ups sayin the chassis aint even being tested and that raving about it but then its got a hamster under the bonnet

Which is right but that's all down to Ford's marketing. To think the ZS is the most powerful model at the moment and the performance from that 1.6 is embarrassing, looking at the opposition. Yes, it's a nicer car than most if not all to drive, but at the moment, I think Ford have made an error in not releasing a more powerful version (circa 160 - 180bhp).

I was having a quick look at a feature in Autocar the other day and every car was much quicker than the ZS, some had 1.4 engines. :o

Alfa do three 1.4's that are quicker than the ZS and most of it's competitors trump the Fiesta in the powerplant stakes.

I was having a quick look at a feature in Autocar the other day and every car was much quicker than the ZS, some had 1.4 engines. :o

Alfa do three 1.4's that are quicker than the ZS and most of it's competitors trump the Fiesta in the powerplant stakes.

Everyone always does though ...

The last Fiesta ST was out-done by the Clio Sport, Corsa VXR and the 206 GTi etc. Maybe the handling was on-par, but engine-wise, a poor show. Yet I've seen far more Fiesta ST's on the road than any of the others ... perhaps to go as far as saying more than the others combined!

Same with most lines in Ford cars, with the ST225/RS being a close exception (though not completely, as there are quicker cars in the same class and only a few slower). The Mondeo seriously lacks a large diesel engine and perhaps a large petrol (the 2.5T is still not as good as the GM/BMW/Audi 3.0 6-pots).

However, despite Ford's approach to not being the quickest, their quality and handling is always above par. I suppose their sales figures (along with perhaps cheaper insurance groups?) reflect this. Ford have a great marketing strategy!

Which is right but that's all down to Ford's marketing. To think the ZS is the most powerful model at the moment and the performance from that 1.6 is embarrassing, looking at the opposition. Yes, it's a nicer car than most if not all to drive, but at the moment, I think Ford have made an error in not releasing a more powerful version (circa 160 - 180bhp).

Are you thinking of the Mito, because I test drove it and came close to going fot that, then i sat and went thru some of the real world figures, its way to expensive, and in regards to the engine, they are pretty poor, in fact the biggest thing for owners was the MPG, for a 1.4 in them, even the multi air engines, was shockingly poor.

Best part was when out for a test drive in it, in an industrial estate the dealer tried to impress me by flooring it and throwing it into a corner....unfortunaly all I responded with was how much under steer the car had. :D

The current best engines - without doubt - are the new VW engines which are found in the new Golf, Polo, Audi's new A1 and Seat's, etc.

They recently won the world's best engine award - so don't just take my word!

Everyone always does though ...

The last Fiesta ST was out-done by the Clio Sport, Corsa VXR and the 206 GTi etc. Maybe the handling was on-par, but engine-wise, a poor show. Yet I've seen far more Fiesta ST's on the road than any of the others ... perhaps to go as far as saying more than the others combined!

Same with most lines in Ford cars, with the ST225/RS being a close exception (though not completely, as there are quicker cars in the same class and only a few slower). The Mondeo seriously lacks a large diesel engine and perhaps a large petrol (the 2.5T is still not as good as the GM/BMW/Audi 3.0 6-pots).

However, despite Ford's approach to not being the quickest, their quality and handling is always above par. I suppose their sales figures (along with perhaps cheaper insurance groups?) reflect this. Ford have a great marketing strategy!

Are you thinking of the Mito, because I test drove it and came close to going fot that, then i sat and went thru some of the real world figures, its way to expensive, and in regards to the engine, they are pretty poor, in fact the biggest thing for owners was the MPG, for a 1.4 in them, even the multi air engines, was shockingly poor.

Best part was when out for a test drive in it, in an industrial estate the dealer tried to impress me by flooring it and throwing it into a corner....unfortunaly all I responded with was how much under steer the car had. :D

I've already stated and therefore aware that the Fiesta is the better all round car than it's peers. I'm talking about performance and performance only, especially from the "Sporty" 1.6 ZS and there is no getting away from the fact that the performance of the ZS compared to it's rivals is well below par. It's not even close to some and some of those are using less capacity although they do have a turbo bolted on.

The Clio Sport, VXR are in a totally different league to the ZS on performance. Makes you wonder though, if all these "inferior" manufacturers can do it, why can't Ford. Or do they need to, reading views on here, they do, but maybe the majority of people are happy driving around in a sheep with wolves clothing.

I've already stated and therefore aware that the Fiesta is the better all round car than it's peers. I'm talking about performance and performance only, especially from the "Sporty" 1.6 ZS and there is no getting away from the fact that the performance of the ZS compared to it's rivals is well below par. It's not even close to some and some of those are using less capacity although they do have a turbo bolted on.

The Clio Sport, VXR are in a totally different league to the ZS on performance. Makes you wonder though, if all these "inferior" manufacturers can do it, why can't Ford. Or do they need to, reading views on here, they do, but maybe the majority of people are happy driving around in a sheep with wolves clothing.

I made specific reference to the last generation ST Fiesta, as I don't even consider the 1.6 standard as being close to the ST derivations. I agree - the Fiesta needs the performance option, but while sales are still massive on the Z-S, Ford have no need to!

Ford are capable of the performance if they want to - look at their ingenuity with the Revoknuckle on the Focus RS - nobody else is mad enough to try for over 300 bhp through the front wheels alone!

While people on here hanker for the faster Fiesta option (it's a popular discussion for sure), the majority of Fiesta owners are not represented by the small and specific members here, as most are enthusiasts and own the Titanium/Z-S over other variants. There are thousands more lower-spec owners out there that think the Fiesta is perfect the way it is.

We have a company on our estate at work that apparently can do it, but got to go see them yet!Bluechip

On the subject of insurance, they don't know I changed the wheels, added the second rear fog light (might do good!) and have the big boys zs spoiler!

Excellent - so when you run into my car, and your insurance is invalid, I then have to pay the excess which would otherwise have been paid by your insurance. Undeclared mods are one the reasons insurance prices are so high.

I dont understand your point. If you wanted more performance then surely a Focus ST would fit the bill.

The attraction of the Fiesta ZS is that it is cheap to insure, buy and run whilst still providing decent performance and a sporty appearance. If you want more performance, you can get the Mountune pack. Its not all about 0-60 times in this segment of the market and Ford seem to realise this.

good post above.

Im the market ford is looking at. Young, but old enough be able to afford the insurance on a good looking, good handling, and for me, a quick car that at the same time wont mean I end up in a field by accident.

Moved from a 1.4 Fiesta zetec mk6 to the mk7 zetec s.

The attraction of the Fiesta ZS is that it is cheap to insure, buy and run whilst still providing decent performance and a sporty appearance. If you want more performance, you can get the Mountune pack. Its not all about 0-60 times in this segment of the market and Ford seem to realise this.

I agree, the important point to remember is that the Zetec S is not supposed to be a performance hatch. It's a self professed lukewarm one which is why it fits into insurance group 6 whilst the Corsa VXR and Polo GTI etc are probably in group 15+.

Ford could do with releasing a hot Fiesta variant though, as they are surely losing sales by having no 150+bhp model available. Saying that the mk7 is still the best selling car in the UK at the moment so who am I to criticise. Also, we do seem to like small hot hatches in Britain more than anywhere else in Europe so maybe it's not financially feasible for Ford to develop one for this market alone.

I dont understand your point. If you wanted more performance then surely a Focus ST would fit the bill.

No, for two reasons, firstly, because the Focus is the next model up, bigger car etc and secondly, people like the Fiesta for it's shape, the Focus, to me anyway, is just another mundane hatchback, the Fiesta stands out from the crowd. Most of the other company's cars in THIS bracket offer cars with superior performance than the ZS. They seem to believe they have a market for them. Ford seemed to think they had a market for them in the last series too.

Again, a performance car is partly about performance. If you can't afford to insure the top model,there are plenty of alternatives that look the same. You don't need to buy a 1.6 ZS to look sporty, in fact my 1.4 Titanium has the front splitter that the ZS doesn't. There is no alternative if you want a hot hatch Fiesta, sorry, the Mountune doesn't cut it for me especially with the problems people have had with it.

good post above.

Im the market ford is looking at. Young, but old enough be able to afford the insurance on a good looking, good handling, and for me, a quick car that at the same time wont mean I end up in a field by accident.

Moved from a 1.4 Fiesta zetec mk6 to the mk7 zetec s.

Of course Ford market, the young, impressionable etc etc, but to be honest, there will be many more people over 30 than under 30 who will buy the Fiesta, always have and always will. Insurance will not be a major factor to the majority of owners. This site is a microcosm of who owns the Fiesta and the majority on here are young because this isn't the type of place that elder people populate.

Fiat do the same with the 500, yet manage to have a decent performance variant in the range, as do Alfa and others. As I stated earlier, there are plenty of models in the range for the younger generation to be able to insure, it doesn't mean that Ford couldn't have a hot version available for those who can afford to run it. I think they may have missed the boat, but I would imagine somewhere along the line that might change. You only have to look at the RS Focus, they didn't remain in the showrooms very long and they will be a pig to insure for most.

Vauxhall did it with the Corsa VXR didnt they...when i went in the show room there was one and he said the amount of young people that have come looking at this but cant insure it... i know a few people my age at college who got a zetec or zetec S mk7 so insurance dont appear to be a worry for most of us on the fiesta's... if ford was just to sod it and put a bigger engine under the bonnet i think it would be a really good car

Were so far from the original post..anyway

I understand what your saying Keith and I agree(and belive) they should [will] bring out a performance fiesta, it would be a shame not to because of the great chassis.

The fiesta came out in 2008 yeah? well when the enthusiasts 3year lease/finance/whatever is up on the car along comes a new faster fiesta, getting more sales than if they released a luke warm and a hot one at launch.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club