Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka Battery Removal

Chopped

if i remove my battery to replace it,,is there a time limit before the new battery is connected

the car has the digital mileometer etc

and will it affect any of the engine electronics etc

thanks

Chopped :blink:

As far as i know, the mileometer will save itself for one heck of a long time, my dad had a frontera where the battery was out for weeks, plugged it back in and it remembered everything just fine, same happened for a week when his laguna battery failed, not sure about in a ka, but im sure it would be fine? would be a bit of a flaw that the milometer reset when the battery was taken out lol

the only piece of electrical equipment that it will effect is the radio / CD player, you will need to re-type the keycode to get it to work

As far as i know, the mileometer will save itself for one heck of a long time, my dad had a frontera where the battery was out for weeks, plugged it back in and it remembered everything just fine, same happened for a week when his laguna battery failed, not sure about in a ka, but im sure it would be fine? would be a bit of a flaw that the milometer reset when the battery was taken out lol

the only piece of electrical equipment that it will effect is the radio / CD player, you will need to re-type the keycode to get it to work

hi thanks for reply,,i was thinking more of the engine management side of things etc i take it its all electronic stuff just wondered if it would effect anything

i beleive removing the battery for more than 10 minutes resets the engine management to the cars default settings, so if your car is starting roughly or something in the ECU has gone weird, taking the battery out should reset it back to normal, so on a perfectly running car it would not effect anything, however im not sure about ECU remapping, common sence would have said that resetting the ECU would remap it back to factory settings, though that is purely an assumption

other than that, the radio, and of course the clock you should be ok

edit: i heard of a case that removing the battery caused the central locking key to lose its program, therefore the car would not lock / unlock using the remote, if this happens then let me know, i know how to reprogram the key so it works again

i beleive removing the battery for more than 10 minutes resets the engine management to the cars default settings, so if your car is starting roughly or something in the ECU has gone weird, taking the battery out should reset it back to normal, so on a perfectly running car it would not effect anything, however im not sure about ECU remapping, common sence would have said that resetting the ECU would remap it back to factory settings, though that is purely an assumption

edit: i heard of a case that removing the battery caused the central locking key to lose its program, therefore the car would not lock / unlock using the remote, if this happens then let me know, i know how to reprogram the key so it works again

[/quo

Hi Roo mine has no central locking its a bit basic,, :( i use to have a nissan patrol and you had 40 mins to reattach a battery or you had to go through a set process to reconfigure etc,,but perhaps these ka,s are a bit more simple

quite right too :D

[/quo

Hi Roo mine has no central locking its a bit basic,, :( i use to have a nissan patrol and you had 40 mins to reattach a battery or you had to go through a set process to reconfigure etc,,but perhaps these ka,s are a bit more simple

quite right too :D

just a update..i removed the battery from the car for about a hour replaced it and all fine the radio didnt ask for the code so thats why no number in the radio manual

i take it that the number is needed if i actully disconect the radio from the car ??

but any way all done

:P

radio didnt ask for the code? thats pretty strange, is it the CD player with the removable facia? all sterio's i have owned that came with cars have asked for the code when i unhook the battery

who knows, maybe you got lucky with that one lol, dont forget to set your clock forward an hour!!

radio didnt ask for the code? thats pretty strange, is it the CD player with the removable facia? all sterio's i have owned that came with cars have asked for the code when i unhook the battery

who knows, maybe you got lucky with that one lol, dont forget to set your clock forward an hour!!

hi there,,no didnt ask for code so i dont know why,,its the 1000 radio model just radio and cassette with a massive 3 buttons on it

perhaps so crap nobody steals them :lol:

aaah i dont think the cassette models have codes lol think its only the CD players

i used to have a car like that once, was a citroen zx, the only electrical thing on it was an engine sensor... that went wrong, i love basic cars like that though, so much less to go wrong and so much cheaper in the first place

mty sportka has given me nothing but hassle since i bought it

aaah i dont think the cassette models have codes lol think its only the CD players

i used to have a car like that once, was a citroen zx, the only electrical thing on it was an engine sensor... that went wrong, i love basic cars like that though, so much less to go wrong and so much cheaper in the first place

mty sportka has given me nothing but hassle since i bought it

oh christ sportka no good then ??

i went from a 2.8, straight 6 cylinder TD, turbo intercooled nissan patrol 4x4 a real beauty to a KA

so in my ka its like sitting in a bath :P ha ha but far cheaper to run i think :blink:

well so far after buying it, the lambda sensor went, then all 4 tyres needed replacing at an astronomical cost of £350!!! then the water pump went, then a pully bearing went, now the drivers door-handle wont open the door, and the heater solenoid valve has packed in.... pretty much everything that can go wrong, has! its rusting around the petrol cap and on the sills, and the airbag retainer ring is gratng against the steering wheel

in other words, dont ever buy one lol the only good thing is that there alot of spares flying around for fords, and the sportka shares the same engine as the 1.6 focus and fiesta

well so far after buying it, the lambda sensor went, then all 4 tyres needed replacing at an astronomical cost of £350!!! then the water pump went, then a pully bearing went, now the drivers door-handle wont open the door, and the heater solenoid valve has packed in.... pretty much everything that can go wrong, has! its rusting around the petrol cap and on the sills, and the airbag retainer ring is gratng against the steering wheel

in other words, dont ever buy one lol the only good thing is that there alot of spares flying around for fords, and the sportka shares the same engine as the 1.6 focus and fiesta

yes the nissan tyres were 100 quid each but long lasting they were bridgestone very good

now i pay about 25 quid ;)

i must admit ford spares are pretty cheap and with eBay even cheaper B)

where i live there is only one dealership which is citreon so eBay a good thing

take care now

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club