Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrol Light..

Guesty

Alright :)

I have had a Ford Fiesta Mark 4 1.25 Zetec(Black) for a couple of months now and i was wondering how many miles i have when my petrol light comes on, i cant seem to get a answer off anybody...

Also where is my jack located i know it sounds stupid but i actually cant find it :(

Cheers

Hi

I used to have a W reg 1.25 zetec lx and when the light came on i had 50 miles left.

Easy way and i know this sounds stupid but.

When the light comes on fill the car to the brim and write down how many litres went in and then minus that figure from the fuel tank capacity

Jamie

iv got the mk 6.5 and when my petrol light comes on it states i have 50 miles left so id say that fords standard petrol lights come on when u have 50 left in it. then mine goes red where there are 10 miles left i think it is (could be 20) so id say most fords are the same

I can confirm that the MK7 fuel light comes on at 50 miles

Which to be honest is still ALOT of fuel to me :rolleyes:

Does the Mk4 even have a fuel light? - never had one come on in the 5 years I had my R-reg LX.

The fuel guage was also pretty rubbish if I remember - could get 30odd miles before it moved at all, then it would read different milages for each quarter of the tank, so I just re-set the trip meter and would refill when I got to around 300 miles done, which generally meant that there was upto 5 litres (of the maximum 35) remaining in the tank.

The jack should be behind the carpet on the right hand side of the boot (between the wheel arch and the rear light cluster) - you need to turn a little yellow clip (which is either on or very near to the rear of the light cluster) to release the carpet.

Thanks for your help Guys ill check the jack out in the morning!

The petrol light i wont risk to 50 miles i dont think most ive ever done is 14 on the light because i remember being told there was only 16 miles left on the light.

Cheers

I don't have a petrol light!!

I just chance it and always run past the red line!!

I don't have a petrol light!!

I just chance it and always run past the red line!!

My MKIV Chicane had no petrol light either ... once it hit the orange mark, it was anyone's guess! I once had it completely below the last line once ... still had a litre or two in there (thought it was a 37 litre tank in the fiesta?)

I've had mine below the line many times, just depends how risky you want to be!

The petrol gauge is never going to be "right" anyway, i just got for it personally!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club