Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK6 Ford Fiesta Mods?

Connor.Polar

I'm new here so if this is the wrong topic then I'll remove it.

Have had a MK6 Ford Fiesta Flame, 1.4 Petrol, for the last 6 months and I kind of want to do some stuff do it.

Thing is though, I'm not a big car person XD most of my family and friends are but I'm the odd one out so I don't know as much. And I've just got new insurance and a black box fitted.....unfortunately....but meh

Some of my friends want to do stuff to it as well because they know its an old car, so if anyone can give me a starting point I'll be very thankful. 😄

Any feedback is appreciated.

Car3.thumb.jpg.7fcf54f56c96704e5e202e51f19fe40c.jpg

Car2.thumb.jpg.f88026464595928b11c6599f182da070.jpg

Car1.thumb.jpg.9a225a47be5ffcd7d4e313230693aca3.jpg

• Like 2

My grandson has one of these with black box fitted  the insurance will not allow him to mod it in anyway😐

• Haha 1

Hi,

Nice fiesta, I prefer that model ti anything later than it looks the best in my opinion,

I'd get rid of the amber indicator tint; so fitting some silvatec indicator bulbs to the front and rear light units then purchase replacement clear units for the sides followed by some silvatec bulbs there too. 

Then the rear wiper; could you live without it? 

Fit a bung inside the hole instead of the rear wiper arm or if you would prefer to keep it then replace the old metal wiper with a more modern aero blade wiper there a straight swap just changing the blade and reduces the bulk,

A cree led reverse light bulb is another good mod. 

Team hecko wind deflecters also a good mod 

Painting the rear drum brakes with hammerite smooth finish silver and the front calipers in a colour of choice also a nice touch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dezwez said:

My grandson has one of these with black box fitted  the insurance will not allow him to mod it in anyway😐

Old fords never die they just get faster 👍

My mates 1.0 Litre naturally aspirated Toyota yaris flys since he cut the cables to the lambda sensor 😂 not recommended but shes running rich beat my 1.6TDCi anyday

He also has a turbo badge where mine just has the turbo 🤷‍♂️an LED light bar is also cheaper than headlight restoration and bulb upgrade iMarkup_20190805_213502.thumb.jpg.13607e2036f4611e7d603548d74da3b1.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Hi,

Nice fiesta, I prefer that model ti anything later than it looks the best in my opinion,

I'd get rid of the amber indicator tint; so fitting some silvatec indicator bulbs to the front and rear light units then purchase replacement clear units for the sides followed by some silvatec bulbs there too. 

Then the rear wiper; could you live without it? 

Fit a bung inside the hole instead of the rear wiper arm or if you would prefer to keep it then replace the old metal wiper with a more modern aero blade wiper there a straight swap just changing the blade and reduces the bulk,

A cree led reverse light bulb is another good mod. 

Team hecko wind deflecters also a good mod 

Thanks for the feedback.

That was my first thought of getting some Wind Deflectors, to me its a small but nice add on.

I've only just changed the wipers because the original were rusty and just sounded horrible when suing them, they're now silent and work well

About the indicator lights on the side, will think about because now that I notice it it does look a bit odd with the orange on the black XD if I'm making sense

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dezwez said:

Well for me, it was better to get new insurance instead of paying 18 hundred quid a year XD

• Like 1

Just now, Connor.Polar said:

Thanks for the feedback.

That was my first thought of getting some Wind Deflectors, to me its a small but nice add on.

I've only just changed the wipers because the original were rusty and just sounded horrible when suing them, they're now silent and work well

About the indicator lights on the side, will think about because now that I notice it it does look a bit odd with the orange on the black XD if I'm making sense

The clear lens brings the appearance up by a few years and the wind deflecters help defrost outside the window in winter if you open it just a little; the deflecters then channel the warm air down the window,

In summer you can leave the windows open slightly and the seats won't get wet if it rains 

• Like 1

Just now, Connor.Polar said:

Well for me, it was better to get new insurance instead of paying 18 hundred quid a year XD

We all went through crazy prices mine was €2300 for the first year in the focus when it was brand new; I had just been made redundant though so It wasn't a burden at the time; third year was down to €1200 and now ten years on its €540 for both myself and my wife 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lenny said:

The clear lens brings the appearance up by a few years and the wind deflecters help defrost outside the window in winter if you open it just a little; the deflecters then channel the warm air down the window,

In summer you can leave the windows open slightly and the seats won't get wet if it rains 

Beneficial then, thanks.

Also, this is probably a really stupid question but what's the difference with a Fiesta Flame? I know with stuff with Zetec, ST and stuff but it wasn't until I got the car I heard of Flame. And also when I search for stuff I can't find anything unless I put MK6 XD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Connor.Polar said:

Beneficial then, thanks.

Also, this is probably a really stupid question but what's the difference with a Fiesta Flame? I know with stuff with Zetec, ST and stuff but it wasn't until I got the car I heard of Flame. And also when I search for stuff I can't find anything unless I put MK6 XD

Not sure if the flame was an actual variant or if someone has modified the title of yours, 

Also regarding performance the only mod worth doing to it if you can lower it on Eibach springs followed by tracking alignment, it will increase the road grip making it more fun to drive and seem faster as your closer to the road, lowering springs fit the existing struts and isint too low like coil overs 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Not sure if the flame was an actual variant or if someone has modified the title of yours, 

Also regarding performance the only mod worth doing to it if you can lower it on eibach springs followed by tracking alignment, it will increase the road grip making it more fun to drive and seem faster as your closer to the road, lowering springs fit the existing struts and isint too low like coil overs 

Had another look, the only thing I can find is that it was a limited edition, but the only difference is that it says Flame on the back. And there's nothing about it on Wiki apart from other models like the STs

And not too sure about changing the springs, but lowering them I might ask a friend about.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Connor.Polar said:

Had another look, the only thing I can find is that it was a limited edition, but the only difference is that it says Flame on the back. And there's nothing about it on Wiki apart from other models like the STs

And not too sure about changing the springs, but lowering them I might ask a friend about.

Would be a kit like this:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-1-25-2002-08-Mk6-LOWERING-SPRINGS-60mm/173801739568?ul_ref=https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?ff3=2&pub=5575376664&toolid=10001&campid=5338268676&customid=EAIaIQobChMIhbPcoLL05gIVyLHtCh0xPgp7EAQYAiABEgKstfD_BwE&lgeo=1&item=173801739568&srcrot=710-53481-19255-0&rvr_id=2251414840758&rvr_ts=85ecc29416f0a4d12a70fcb5fffd2782&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1&ul_noapp=true&pageci=afd7fb96-ee05-4810-a61a-c30007a06c94&epid=915567968 

Then get the tracking alignment done to correct wheels contact with the road to prevent excessive tyre wear which is a standard job done by most good tyre shops 

Rear spoiler also looks good 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK6-3DOOR-REAR-ROOF-SPOILER-2002-2008/273466401115?hash=item3fabde215b:g:6ikAAOSwxzdaAdnd 

Just search for fiesta mk6 

All ST body panels fit your 3 door too but to be honest I wouldn't spend too much on it, just invest on things which give good results like the wind deflecters and the bulbs and caliper paint dont cost much to enhance the appearance make it your own,

Lowering is also worth it but dont bother with induction filter as it's not got a turbo it wont improve much, better modification would be a good Quality service with Castrol edge oil and good iridium spark plugs 

• Like 1

Side repaters,get rid of the fried egg look of indicator bulbs by fitting Diadem bulbs.Fit leds all round or white bulbs all round.Wind Deflectors.Nice sounding rear box Power Flow i would suggest,Paint brakes up a must and keep the inside of the Alloy wheels clean at all times nice look.Gel outer tyres keeps them nice and black,you could also fit black Ford badges easy to do....

side repeaters here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK6-FACELIFT-05-08-SIDE-REPEATER-INDICATORS-SMOKED-/112052458768

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm going to get my side repeaters changed, buy some wind deflectors, get my rear brake drums painted silver and have my front calipers painted red.

Not going to get lowered springs or a rear spoiler yet just because of insurance, even though I would like to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

If anyone ever needs any help with insurance for modifications then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

57 minutes ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

If anyone ever needs any help with insurance for modifications then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Hey, how much would the spoiler that Lenny recommended affect my insurance? I looked but couldn’t find much

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK6-3DOOR-REAR-ROOF-SPOILER-2002-2008/273466401115?hash=item3fabde215b:g:6ikAAOSwxzdaAdnd

23 hours ago, Lenny said:

Also regarding performance the only mod worth doing to it if you can lower it on eibach springs followed by tracking alignment, it will increase the road grip making it more fun to drive and seem faster as your closer to the road, lowering springs fit the existing struts and isint too low like coil overs 

I finally found the answer. The Fiesta Flame was a special edition IIRC. The car was based on a Zetec but have has one or two extras over a zetec and a metalic paint colour thrown into the price.

• Like 1

The Flame's were all 1.4 petrols built in 2004...  I reckon Ford accidentally ordered too many 1.4 engines and had to get rid of them somehow! :biggrin: 

I've seen them in various colours and both 3 & 5 door variants so not sure what else was a standard extra...the alloys are just Zetec alloys and no privacy glass or side skirts.  Is there anything inside that might be extra, nicer seats maybe?

• Like 1

Untitled.thumb.jpg.6850369cd3062a6aeb46457c23bf1a79.jpg

Bought some wind deflectors, now just the side repeaters

They look good are you going with the clear repeaters or smoked type

9 minutes ago, dezwez said:

They look good are you going with the clear repeaters or smoked type

Definitely the smoked type, they look a lot nicer.

I was going to get my front calipers painted red and my rear drum brakes silver, but my friend refused to do them as they do it badly and after a month the paint wears off so I'm going to get them done professionally. Or just get actual red calipers XD

19 minutes ago, Connor.Polar said:

Definitely the smoked type, they look a lot nicer.

I was going to get my front calipers painted red and my rear drum brakes silver, but my friend refused to do them as they do it badly and after a month the paint wears off so I'm going to get them done professionally. Or just get actual red calipers XD

I think they make special paints for the callipers

13 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I think they make special paints for the callipers

I'll keep that in mind

Hammerite is fine for calipers, you just need to prep them first, remove all the rust & dirt before painting.  Give them 2 coats if you want.

Will just cost about a fiver for the paint and a couple of hours of your time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club