Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rubbish ford stop start.

Hangman3

4 minutes ago, sussamb said:

What's FoCCus ?

It's a free PC programme you can use to make adjustments to the Mk3 Focus modules using a modified ELM cable.  (Though it's actually FoCCCus, I missed a C above).

Ah OK, thanks.  Not that fussed about saving one button press :wink3:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sussamb said:

Ah OK, thanks.  Not that fussed about saving one button press :wink3:

One button everytime you get in all adds up!  That's probably a whole 5 minutes of each year you'll never get back!  :laugh:

You can also add other things such as deflation detection if you don't have TPMS which is potentially more useful lol.

Thanks, but I'll pass … would take me way more than 5 minutes to get it all set up :biggrin:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Found this video about start/stop....

thank goodness alexp999 won't get to see this.   The bloke forgot to mention the cam belt snapping way before the starter wears out

The stop start worked for about a week when I bought my car. At first I was concerned it was faulty, in case it stopped and wouldn't start again. But I read about it needing the battery to be tip top for it to work, so just forgot about it then. I'm happy that it doesn't work to be honest. I'd only end up needing to replace the starter motor prematurely no doubt. 

Like the look of the Focccus program. Might get that and have a play. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 12:24 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

No, just American........😀

Yes - but he does make some good points! It can be annoying - so just disable it in "settings" or leave it in Sport mode!

I’ve realised in the auto if I lightly keep my foot on the brake the SS doesn’t kick in. I don’t like sitting for long in traffic with engine running, means I can pick and choose when I want SS to operate. 

On 2/11/2020 at 10:45 PM, Andy_760 said:

Yes - but he does make some good points! It can be annoying - so just disable it in "settings" or leave it in Sport mode!

I didn’t know it can be disabled in settings. I thought the physical button was only way ..and reset to default every journey? Tbh I don’t mind it. 

Not sure what the issue is. Mines worked fine apart from once and the battery tester solved that. Works 99% of the time regardless of AC being on 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club