Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New to the fold

Kental

Here’s our nice and shiny Fiesta 1.1 Trend in Agate Black with City Pack.

Very happy with it. Only real shame is the plastic steering wheel, but for the deal we got it had to be a stock car & the city pack was a deal breaker so it was effectively that car or nothing.

After our previous 18 plate Ka+ 85ps (also with city pack) it is very smooth & refined, not that the Ka+ was bad, far better than our daughter’s Peugeot 108.

Getting used to the Sync 3 and I have to admit the sound is pretty good even on the basic system. 

Once we get some more miles under its belt we will report back.

9CEF4EAC-66B3-481D-946B-39F5E85E64C1.jpeg

• Like 5

Welcome to the club! Nearly ended up with a Trend myself, but ended up getting a nice deal on an ST-Line as really wanted the EcoBoost engine coming from a 1.6 Focus. How is the 1.1 out of curiosity? The city pack  is probably the only thing I’d add to mine, as I park in a very tight underground car park, power folding mirrors would be useful!

Only got 96 miles on so far so not really able to tell yet. Not any quicker than the 1.2 Ka+ when we test drove a 1.1 Zetec, but it is so much smoother. The wife was able to rev to the red line while still having some mechanical sympathy. In the Ka+ that was not the case.

• Like 1

Curious as to which version of the 1.1 you have? In the July 2019 price list/ordering guide the Trend was shown as having the 85ps 1.1 ti-VCT. This disappeared from the November list, being replaced by a 95ps version of the 1.0 Ecoboost. In the January 2020 list the 1.1 is back - this time as a 75ps version - along with the 95ps ecoboost. My local dealer has a new 85ps on offer, so there must still be a few around.

Presume all this is juggling the range to best meet the latest EU emissions rules, but it's very confusing for customers. Haven't studied the January list in detail yet - they may have made other changes!

4 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Curious as to which version of the 1.1 you have? In the July 2019 price list/ordering guide the Trend was shown as having the 85ps 1.1 ti-VCT. This disappeared from the November list, being replaced by a 95ps version of the 1.0 Ecoboost. In the January 2020 list the 1.1 is back - this time as a 75ps version - along with the 95ps ecoboost. My local dealer has a new 85ps on offer, so there must still be a few around.

Presume all this is juggling the range to best meet the latest EU emissions rules, but it's very confusing for customers. Haven't studied the January list in detail yet - they may have made other changes!

Ours is a my2020 1.1 85ps.  Our car was built October 19 so is after the current online brochure my2019.75, but before the current pricelist.

Other changes according to the Jan 20 pricelist, but not reflected on our car, are embedded modem even without Nav (assuming for the current EU rules for Emergency Calling) and LED signature rear lights, ours just has the filament ones.  Even the Trend is stated as having Selectable Drive Modes.

Also with the comfort pack & for models further up the range the leather steering wheel is now described as Sensico rather than leather.  Possibly to make the car Vegan acceptable.

All the Emissions have dropped quite noticeably, perhaps the now standard drive modes now start the car in Eco so effectively just an artificial reduction.

• Like 1

Yes, the Trend is a very well specified and nice looking car - personally I prefer the grille to the Titanium. Now you can get an Ecoboost Trend, you can see why the Zetec's disappeared - not really any room between the Trend and Titanium.

I've been having a quick look at the latest list and brochure and as usual they don't tally. For example in the brochure the ST-2 is shown as having EATC, in the price list it's just manual a/c.

There are certainly several versions now which come under (or nearly) the latest 95g/100km target but there are some apparent anomalies on emissions. Looking at the ST-L which is on 17" compared to the X on 18's, the 95ps is 94 on the ST-L, but 103 on the X, which seems a big jump. The 100ps auto is 130g on the ST-L, but only 123 on the X, which doesn't sound right at all! The 125 is 96 on the ST-L but 104 on the X, while the difference on the 140 is only 2g , which sounds about right.  On the ST though, the figure is 136 regardless of whether it's a 2 on 17's or a 3 or Performance, which are both on 18's

Also odd is that the ST-L 140 (with 17" wheels) is shown as 107g on the current list, yet on the original list when I ordered my car (and more importantly the V5C) it's only 102g!

Yes, I wondered what on earth "Sensico" was - googled it and nothing came up. The ST models are still shown as leather so perhaps ST buyers are all red meat eaters not vegans!😀

The big difference for a 1 inch wheel jump could be that ultra low rolling resistance tyres are not available in that size so the emissions increase because of that.

Also spec wise, according to the brochure, the Trend has electric rear windows, the Titanium does not!!!  Fords specifications do not all make sense!!!

Ah the other reason for the odd jump in figures is Ford may not have got around to retesting all possible my2020 combinations. Until the specific version has been tested the old figures will stand.  If your current car is a 2018 it maybe an NDEC measured car whereas any current car will be WLTP measured so explaining the increase in the CO2 of the new one. According to the brochure (earlier WLTP) the 140 Fiesta on 17" rims was between 112 & 118 g/km dependent on trim / configuration.

On the change from NDEC to WLTP the 1.1 85ps went from 101 g/km to 114 g/km.  The current 75ps one is back down to 102 g/km so no idea what they've done there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club