Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 1.0 Ecoboost coolant leak without increase in temp

Chris82

Hi everyone.

My car has just recently had the thin plastic overflow hose break, the part coming from the degas hose "T" piece.

I did a temporary fix until the replacement part arrives, and this has prevented any further coolant leak after refilling. Also, after driving the car today everything seems to be running fine.

Should i be concerned by the fact that my car almost completely dumped all of the coolant and my heating suddenly went from hot to cold, yet the temp gauge didn't rise above normal?

I drove the car for potentially around 4 miles in this condition as i was unaware of the coolant dump. The only symptom was the heating change, i monitored the temp gauge but it never increased from normal.

Thanks.

Chris

Should be ok if driving ok. Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Everything looked fine, and drive fine without knowing all the coolant had leaked from that horrible thin plastic pipe. The only way I discovered the leak is because the coolant leaked on to somewhere hot and it made a burny smell under the bonnet that I could smell when I got out the car.

Pipe replaced and no leak since. The garage said I was very lucky, another few miles and it might have severely damaged the engine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club