Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New shape fiesta braking issue

Sparky2887

We have owned the new shape Ford Fiesta since September 2018 when we first got the car it drove like a dream no issues at all up until one day I started it on the driveway and got a hill assist error and the car told me it was going to disable it I thought nothing of it as I don’t use hill assist then a couple of weeks passed then I noticed each time I was Braking it was lurching me forward as if I was doing an emergency stop i have taken it back to fords 6 times now they told me on the 5th visit there was a fault with the servo unit and needed to be replaced I picked the car up drove home no issues brake issue gone until 3 days later it started again out of curiosity I went into the cars Ecu to see if there was any codes hiding and I came across 9 codes in total stored in the cars memory and I’m just wondering if someone can help me and give me a bit of insight and advice if this car is safe to drive with the codes it’s given me the codes are:

P0462: fuel level sensor A circuit low

P0463: fuel level sensor A circuit high

P193E: a/c clutch request signal 

U0121: Lost com with abs control module A

U0151: lost com with restraints control module

U0164: lost com with Hvac control module 

U1012: invalid internal control module monitoring data received from abs control module

U0100: lost com ECM/PCM module A

U0401: invalid data received from ECM/PCM module A signal invalid

the car has not been in any form of crashes it is brand new there are currently no lights on the dash just having the issue with the brakes

any help would be appreciated 

thanks 

martin

i don't really know the answer. But I can tell you that the car ecu can hold codes for a long time and when you read them they have no dates. So it is possible some are lingering from old blips of some sort.  You always need to read codes, then clear codes and see which ones come back. Otherwise you can be worrying about things which are not a problem.  It sounds like you have a problem but do what I have said and it might help focus on the real issues, not red herrings

Most of the codes, especially the "U" ones could have been set when the car was being fixed.

If you have an active Ford Pass App open it up and have a look at the messages. If it is the same as the MK4 Focus it will show the date and time that the codes were generated.

Thanks for the feedback I will try it and look didn’t know the pass app did anything like that

Prior to the Fiesta, we had a 18 plate Ka+ that had a Hill Assist error & it took the garage a couple of visits to get to the bottom of. It was eventually diagnosed to the wiring loom behind the glovebox.

I tried the ford pass app don’t think the fiesta supports the vehicle health check each time It was pressed it sent me back to the home screen.

personally I think this is a wiring related problem but try telling them at Ford I feel as though I’m talking to a brick wall and getting no resolution