Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cylinder deactivation

Glynp

Can someone please answer a question for me,I own a 2019 Ford Focus with the cylinder deactivation,and a button which enables normal driving,eco during and sports driving.,my questions are does cylinder deactivation work only when you put it in Eco mode,or will it automatically deactivate to only 2 cylinders if it detects you are under low load in the normal driving mode of the three,and  secondly if you are in the eco mode and only using 2 cylinders and you need to speed up,thereby needling the 3 rd cylinder again will it automatically activate that 3rd cylinder or do I need to manually press the switch to set it back to normal mode,the reason I ask this is I’m worried that if I’m in eco mode and asking for more power am I labouring the engine if it stays on only 2 cylinders,sorry to write a long winded question but didn’t know how to put it more simpler! 

Works in all modes under slight load no need to switch 

If that’s the case,why have a switch to do it if it will automatically deactivate one cylinder whatever mode you are in? 

I think I'd be right in saying the Eco or Sport modes modify the ECU map and have no direct bearing on cylinder deactivation 

On 1/14/2020 at 3:11 PM, Comares2001 said:

I think I'd be right in saying the Eco or Sport modes modify the ECU map and have no direct bearing on cylinder deactivation 

That's as I understand it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club