Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 rear Badge (again)

Spandon

Hi, Wasted a lot of time recently trying to to find a replacement FORD tailgate badge for a 2012 hatch Ecoboost 1L.

Most eBay sellers advertise 150x60mm which is slightly bigger than the original. Because the original is set into the plastic trim which holds the tailgate release switch it needs to be more like 146x58?

I don't want to rip out the old until I have the new one in hand.

Does anyone know what the Ford part number for the correct badge is please (or even the actual correct dimensions)?

Grateful for any help.

Cheers

IMG_20200102_151711 (2).jpg

What is the problem with the one you have currently?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would imagine it's flaked off I see a lot of MK3 badges that are flaked.

• Like 1

I would imagine it's flaked off I see a lot of MK3 badges that are flaked.

That's what I was thinking, so I was going to suggest masking off the badge and spraying with plastidip then a glossifier. Once that's done apply a gel overlay badge and it will look good as new.

Yep, it's flaking. The car has done less than 30K and badge spoils the look. Strangely it looks better in pic than reality...

This was so common on the MK3 that for a long time Ford were replacing them for free.

What do you think of an overlay as an option?

I did mine and was really happy with them984ca4a02b159c8e32b5c61050d26de7.jpg

• Like 2

Only 2 things bothered me about my new (4 year old) ST back in August, the knackered front wheel nuts and the manky rear badge,
I got a rear badge from here (mine was the estate version, link is for Hatch type), £25 seems like a lot for what it is, but I'm happy now.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-2011-Onwards-Rear-Oval-Ford-Boot-Tailgate-Badge-Emblem-/400503409367
Dimensions and Part Numbers are in the description.

Always thought Gel Badge Overlays looked cheesy, but I'm liking the Black/Grey and I'm very tempted.
https://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/6821/focus-mk3-pre-facelift-gel-badge-overlays-will-not-fit-st-model

20190914_104129_HDR.jpg

Overlay Gel Badge Grey.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only 2 things bothered me about my new (4 year old) ST back in August, the knackered front wheel nuts and the manky rear badge,
I got a rear badge from here (mine was the estate version, link is for Hatch type), £25 seems like a lot for what it is, but I'm happy now.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-2011-Onwards-Rear-Oval-Ford-Boot-Tailgate-Badge-Emblem-/400503409367
Dimensions and Part Numbers are in the description.
Always thought Gel Badge Overlays looked cheesy, but I'm liking the Black/Grey and very tempted.
https://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/6821/focus-mk3-pre-facelift-gel-badge-overlays-will-not-fit-st-model

20190914_104129_HDR.thumb.jpg.264834c75b9f4d492ea1846b65226962.jpg
103492275_OverlayGelBadgeGrey.thumb.jpg.558828cbc5e0d0f081d506f7b39a73ff.jpg
The overlay in your link isn't for the ST though.

Overlays are cheesy if you make them cheesy, I loved mine and think they look alright.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

The overlay in your link isn't for the ST though.

Yeh I know, I was linking the correct type for the OP so they can look at it.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info. It occurs to me that if Ford knew they had a prob with the quality of the originals then it might be rare to find a whole badge that's any use (which is what I was looking for). I assume these later Ford produced overlays might be the only viable replacements? Seems a tad steep for a badge cover though, ouch...

Ian is that 'before' pic a solid badge or overlay?

Cheers

I just looked at the price of the DMB badge, that's quite expensive.

I paid £15 for the front, rear, 4x wheel and steering wheel badges, plus p&p.

You can have any colour, any Font or design you want. Quality is excellent and they don't move once stuck down.

I had the black and silver overlay back in 2015.  You'd never know it wasn't original tbf!

IMAG4933.thumb.jpg.242dfeccea9e307a76e444f749b8794e.jpg

However, the overlays don't cover the silver edging, which is usually the part that's ruined on the rear badge.  Also, the foam kept slowly moving upwards behind my rear badge which was very annoying as seen in this picture! :laugh: 

IMAG4937.thumb.jpg.2d5cea0adf51535f7f7f302ee4a43e25.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Spandon said:

Thanks for the info. It occurs to me that if Ford knew they had a prob with the quality of the originals then it might be rare to find a whole badge that's any use (which is what I was looking for). I assume these later Ford produced overlays might be the only viable replacements? Seems a tad steep for a badge cover though, ouch...

Ian is that 'before' pic a solid badge or overlay?

Cheers

Photo is just old badge I took off and new replacement, gel badge image was just for reference from website, not bought any yet.

If you're not bothered about colour change, I suggest just a new badge for the extra £5.

12 hours ago, Spandon said:

It might be rare to find a whole badge that's any use (which is what I was looking for).

You won't get a badge off without damaging it, see my image.

I heated it up to soften the glue but the badge is thin metal and bends very easily.

2 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I just looked at the price of the DMB badge, that's quite expensive.

I paid £15 for the front, rear, 4x wheel and steering wheel badges, plus p&p.

They seem to be Officially Licensed, maybe they weren't when you got them and they've raised the price for Licencing fees.

8 hours ago, RAIDER32 said:

You won't get a badge off without damaging it, see my image.

I heated it up to soften the glue but the badge is thin metal and bends very easily.

Thanks,

Can you remember if there were any locating pins or was just flat?

14 hours ago, Spandon said:

Thanks,

Can you remember if there were any locating pins or was just flat?

The back of the badge is flat, see images on eBay link

• 5 months later...

Try searching for Ford model Number 2086510. I've just removed my son's with a hair dryer. It is made of very thin metal and has no locating pins it is just double sided taped to the curved surface of the tailgate release cover. Just bought one from eBay £25 145mm x 60mm. Search "

Genuine Ford Focus 2011 Onwards Ford Blue Oval Tailgate Hatch Badge Logo 2086510

• Like 1

I know it's been mentioned, but I'm another fan of DMB, my front badge looks factory, and really neatened up the grill...

679246438_fordbadgebeforeaftercaption.th

1758173911_badgepack.thumb.jpg.449b01a35

• 3 months later...

I've now joined "the club" with a knackered tailgate badge

First tried fishing line but it kept snapping after lifting the first quarter of the badge so I dripped a little white spirit around the edges of the badge and left it few days. Today I got the wife's hairdryer, I have no need for one, and on the hottest setting it took about five minutes to get the badge removed. I got a screwdriver behind the badge and gently pulled at it without leaning on the paintwork. 

I now know what it looks like underneath which presents a problem because I think I'll have to bite the bullet and buy another badly made Ford badge as I assume that these gel badges I've heard about need to be stuck directly over the damaged badge, and now it's in the bin. 

Does anybody know different or have any links to good quality badges online?

20201017_143354.jpg

20201017_143501.jpg

20201017_143440.jpg

Ford did do a free badge replacement if your vehicle was less than 10yrs old. Unfortunately they stopped it last year:-(. 

Just my luck, 9 year old car so would have been eligible!

Surely the badges they sell now aren't the same quality as the originals? Terrible of Ford to produce such c##p in the first place. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club