Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Fiesta 125ps First Oil Change Advice

auldreekie

I have a 2019 Fiesta Active 1.0L 125ps purchased from new in Aug' 2019. First service is due (according to service plan) 9k mls/or 12 months. I very much doubt that I will get up to or beyond 9k mls before Aug 2020.

The current mileage is at 1200mls, should I be arranging to get the first engine oil and filter changed around now or wait until the next service in August 2020?

Current Ford Fiesta ecoboosts have up to 2 year service intervals (9k sounds very low) the old Mk7 had a 12k / 1year interval - I had mine done at 1 year.
do you have the SYNC3 and the Ford Pass app on your phone - it tells you the oil life: at 10 months from last service mines showing 57% oil life ( I will have mine changed at 1 year)

I change my oil once a year irrelevant of milage,an engine will not complain having fresh oil in it..

1 hour ago, Tiexen said:

Current Ford Fiesta ecoboosts have up to 2 year service intervals (9k sounds very low) the old Mk7 had a 12k / 1year interval - I had mine done at 1 year.
do you have the SYNC3 and the Ford Pass app on your phone - it tells you the oil life: at 10 months from last service mines showing 57% oil life ( I will have mine changed at 1 year)

Yes I have the Sync 3 & Ford Pass on my phone, oil life is at 80%.  The reason I was asking is I've seen some posts somewhere advising getting the very first oil change around the 1000/1500 mile mark on a new engine once it's almost reached it's break-in (running-in) period in case of any debris floating around the oil system.

Or am I being paranoid? 🙄 

Do you only get the oil life etc with a modem equipped car or does connecting to Apple CarPlay also download the info to Ford Pass? 

1 hour ago, auldreekie said:

Yes I have the Sync 3 & Ford Pass on my phone, Oil life is at 80%.  The reason I was asking is I've seen some posts somewhere advising getting the very first oil change around the 1000/1500 mile mark on a new engine once it's almost reached it's break-in (running-in) period in case of any debris floating around the oil system.

30 years ago maybe when cars had a first service car at that mileage.Not nowadays though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auldreekie said:

Yes I have the Sync 3 & Ford Pass on my phone, Oil life is at 80%.  The reason I was asking is I've seen some posts somewhere advising getting the very first oil change around the 1000/1500 mile mark on a new engine once it's almost reached it's break-in (running-in) period in case of any debris floating around the oil system.

Having the oil changed at 1000miles stopped about 30 years ago. Modern engines are better built to higher quality standards 

1 minute ago, Comares2001 said:

30 years ago maybe when cars had a first service car at that mileage.Not nowadays though

Ha ha , you beat me ! 

2 hours ago, auldreekie said:

I have a 2019 Fiesta Active 1.0L 125ps purchased from new in Aug' 2019. First service is due (according to service plan) 9k mls/or 12 months. I very much doubt that I will get up to or beyond 9k mls before Aug 2020.

The current mileage is at 1200mls, should I be arranging to get the first engine oil and filter changed around now or wait until the next service in August 2020?

Aug 2021 is your next service 

Screenshot_20200114-183910.png

2 hours ago, Kental said:

Do you only get the oil life etc with a modem equipped car or does connecting to Apple CarPlay also download the info to Ford Pass? 

Downloads the Ford Pass app to your mobile phone - and see if it works.

10 hours ago, Tiexen said:

How does this exactly work on knowing the condition of your oil ?

37 minutes ago, Gazcaz said:

How does this exactly work on knowing the condition of your oil ?

If you have SYNC 3 in your car it also runs the Ford Pass app - the car moniters the oil and can tell you when it needs servicing, it also shows your current fuel level and milage on your phone as well

14 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

If you have SYNC 3 in your car it also runs the Ford Pass app - the car moniters the oil and can tell you when it needs servicing, it also shows your current fuel level and milage on your phone as well

Hmm do i have sync 3 just trying to think about that one, i do have a sync as i can talk to it etc.

1 hour ago, Gazcaz said:

Hmm do i have sync 3 just trying to think about that one, i do have a sync as i can talk to it etc.

Fiesta before 2017 is Sync 1.

oil life is not part of Sync 3.0 afaik, only cars originally built with 3.2+

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies guys, looks like I was still harking back to the 60's & 70's 😃

4 hours ago, Tiexen said:

But only if you have a car with ford pass modem

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Oil life is not part of Sync 3.0 afaik

Mine is only on Sync 3.0 so no Ford Pass, but you can still check oil life if required in "Settings" on the driver information display between the instruments, accessed from the steering wheel controls.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tiexen said:

I have the app on both my phone & the wife's.  I'll give it a go on my phone tonight.

In general it is good practice to change the engine oil and filter at 1000 miles from new, then every 6 or 7000 miles thereafter. I've done 15000 miles on 2 years in a Vauxhall corsa petrol, its had 3 oil and filter changes in that time, purely because the car only had partial servicing history.

I thought the oil for an Ecoboost 100 was 5/30 but, reading the handbook while waiting for my wife at the QMC this morning, discovered that it is actually 5/20.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
20 minutes ago, joe peake said:

My 2019 ford fiesta is ready for a service and oil change,  does the oil need to be synthetic?

Yes.  If it's a 1.0 EcoBoost it needs 5w20 in the correct Ford specification.

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yes.  If it's a 1.0 EcoBoost it needs 5w20 in the correct Ford specification.

I was so sure you put 5w30. 🤣🤣(WSS-M2C948-B) is the spec. 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club