Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice on alloys on mk4 57 mondeo

Jaylou82

Hi all I am new here and after some advice from you all I have as above a 57 mk4 mondeo 2.0 Diesel The alloys on my car are 235/40 /18s but are in need of 2 tyres and alloy refurb I was given some Jaguar alloys off a 2011 xf and have tyres of 245/45/18 s will these fit my mondeo ? I’ve read that the pcd  centre bore and nutlug are all the same but obviously it’s a different tyre size I’ve Also read that j would have to purchase different nuts /bolts for the wheels ? Any advice is appreciated 

D17C8132-01FF-49AD-8B48-65F85E2A3528.jpeg

Ford use their own special nuts with a big taper on them. Don't use these on anything but Ford rims, it can be extremely dangerous lol.

They should physically fit. You'll need new tyres though as the overall circumference will change, using the ones on them now will mean your speedo is around 5% below the speed you're actually doing. You want to be within a percent or so if possible.

• 2 years later...

Hi there just wondering I have a 57 plate mondo mk4 they have 235/45/17 on at the moment I’ve bought titanium 18in alloys now but I want to fit new 245/45/18 tyres back on my car will that be ok