Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford and WhatCar 2020

Guy Heaton

So Ford are doing well this year.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/ford-puma-wins-what-car-car-of-the-year-2020/n20845

https://www.whatcar.com/awards/content/hot-hatch/2020-winner/ford-fiesta-st-st-2-performance-pack-3dr/n20749

https://www.whatcar.com/awards/content/pick-up/2020-winner/ford-ranger-double-cab-20-ecoblue-170-xlt/n20754

To be fair as well, although I'm not a fan of SUVs at least Ford are trying to inject some individuality into theirs.  The big Volvo and Audi SUVs just look like cars I made from lego bricks as a kid.

And I'm tempted by the Fiesta ST if anyone can figure out how to turn off the FENG.

Just now, Stoney871 said:

WTF is FENG?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Fake Engine Noise Generator? 🤔

Fake Engine Noise Generator? [emoji848]
[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

seen the puma up close today, first one . its ok. 

not something i would want though. 

32 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

So Ford are doing well this year.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/ford-puma-wins-what-car-car-of-the-year-2020/n20845

https://www.whatcar.com/awards/content/hot-hatch/2020-winner/ford-fiesta-st-st-2-performance-pack-3dr/n20749

https://www.whatcar.com/awards/content/pick-up/2020-winner/ford-ranger-double-cab-20-ecoblue-170-xlt/n20754

To be fair as well, although I'm not a fan of SUVs at least Ford are trying to inject some individuality into theirs.  The big Volvo and Audi SUVs just look like cars I made from lego bricks as a kid.

And I'm tempted by the Fiesta ST if anyone can figure out how to turn off the FENG.

didnt know they had feng. know you have a button that changes exhaust note with a flap in the silencer iirc. 

2 hours ago, iantt said:

seen the puma up close today, first one . its ok. 

not something i would want though. 

Picked up the latest "Autocar" this morning. Front page was quite promising - "New Ford Puma: a small SUV to get excited about (at last)" which sounded interesting. So, the article was full of faint praise "a blend of ride and handling and ability that I think, is better than it's rivals. It's moderately enjoyable, in fact". Then the crunch: " Mind, let's not get carried away. A week before driving the Puma, I hired a boggo 2016 1.25 Fiesta, and, despite not all of its wheels being completely round, it was absolutely terrific fun in a way that this crossover - any crossover - is not. "

I'm not a fan of the car of the year some right dogs have won it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

I'm not a fan of the car of the year some right dogs have won it

Yep - the Talbot Horizon was COTY 1979 😀

Even my stlinex has a fake sound generator now.

And there's a million posts from RS owners asking how to disable theirs.

It's either have a last blast in a hot hatch or embrace my 50s and get a nice hybrid Focus Vignale.

18 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Even my stlinex has a fake sound generator now.

I find it amusing that electric cars are now, by law,  going to have to generate sound a low speeds so pedestrians can hear them coming. Doesn't have to sound like a real car though - I wonder if you'll be able to select tones like you can on your mobile?😀

2 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I find it amusing that electric cars are now, by law,  going to have to generate sound a low speeds so pedestrians can hear them coming. Doesn't have to sound like a real car though - I wonder if you'll be able to select tones like you can On your mobile?😀

I'd want mine to sound like something out of tron.

A steam train sound would certainly wake me up! 😂 

23 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I find it amusing that electric cars are now, by law,  going to have to generate sound a low speeds so pedestrians can hear them coming. Doesn't have to sound like a real car though - I wonder if you'll be able to select tones like you can on your mobile?😀

Oh no...will this be the return of the 2007 ringtone?  :laugh: 

KITT's cylon sweep for me.

Hehe, I'm so old I remember the crazy frog them when it wasn't crazy frog, just a picture of a racing car and a caption that said "don't laugh".

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 1:29 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Picked up the latest "Autocar" this morning. Front page was quite promising - "New Ford Puma: a small SUV to get excited about (at last)" which sounded interesting. So, the article was full of faint praise "a blend of ride and handling and ability that I think, is better than it's rivals. It's moderately enjoyable, in fact". Then the crunch: " Mind, let's not get carried away. A week before driving the Puma, I hired a boggo 2016 1.25 Fiesta, and, despite not all of its wheels being completely round, it was absolutely terrific fun in a way that this crossover - any crossover - is not. "

Browsing through "Auto Express" in the supermarket this morning, I see their first drive opinion was a bit more positive, though that wasn't on UK roads. My local dealer now has one in, so might get round to asking for a go when I book mine in for it's service shortly - quite interested to see what the Mhev powertrain is like, as it's rolling out into other models this year.

One thing I did notice was the Sync screen looked nicer, the blue areas are a darker shade which looks a bit more classy than the lighter shade on my car (Sync 3.0), which reminds me of Windows 3. I presume this applies to all cars with later versions of Sync 3, though?

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Browsing through "Auto Express" in the supermarket this morning, I see their first drive opinion was a big more positive, though that wasn't on UK roads. My local dealer now has one in, so might get round to asking for a go when I book mine in for it's service shortly - quite interested to see what the Mhev powertrain is like, as it's rolling out into other models this year.

One thing I did notice was the Sync screen looked nicer, the blue areas are a darker shade which looks a bit more classy than the lighter shade on my car (Sync 3.0), which reminds me of Windows 3. I presume this applies to all cars with later versions of Sync 3, though?

It's Sync 3.4, has only just started being loaded on to new built cars afaik.

It can be loaded manually on to Sync 3.2+ cars, I don't know if Ford are going to offer an official update to it though, or just keep it separate.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2020 at 9:37 AM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Maybe 'Baby Shark' as they all drive along!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club