Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESC Service required

Colin McDonald

New sensor fitted today. Got it from Ford via a friend of a friend £30

n/s/f part number is 1844084

quite a straightforward fit, hard part is getting it unplugged. 

• 2 weeks later...

That plug is a f***ing nightmare to get undone. 

On 5/21/2021 at 1:25 AM, Meta55 said:

That plug is a f***ing nightmare to get undone. 

It is very difficult!!! Lol

• 1 month later...

Hi...

I've started to experience the same" esc required" problem with my 2016 smax..(seems alot of these issues are on 2016 cars..!!hmmm)

Am going to get the abs sensor changed..ford want £260 to do it..does anyone know where I can get either..

1)ford abs sensor or

2)reliable non ford sensor..

Thanks

Matt

I believe you can only get them from Ford, I don’t know of any aftermarket versions. They are quite straightforward to replace, just getting the plug off is the hard part. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2020 at 3:43 PM, Colin McDonald said:

H123B2782-7975-4326-9B81-9E16BEF43237.thumb.jpeg.8f44ba999c80a737a4fc2459eba42030.jpegi there. 

I have a 66 plate S-Max and every now and then I get the following warnings on the dash:

ESC Service Required 

Check Park Pilot

Hill start assist not available 

the warning lights ABS and traction control (car skidding and car skidding with OFF underneath)

there does not seem to be any difference in driving and after a few seconds all the warnings disappear  

the car has just had a service and nothing has been highlighted  

any ideas?

9 hours ago, Shazzad said:

Have you read the codes? That info is completely useless without a fault code.

2 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

That info is completely useless without a fault code

maybe another new Cooker needed 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 12:48 AM, Shazzad said:

Likely to be speed sensor. Best to get codes though. 

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone 

I have 65 plate Galaxy , ECS service required, Co pilot not available, Hill start not available lightes used to come and go all the time. 

Local mechanics could not find the faults with their computers. I called Ford service they said £130 diagnostic test and parts and labour on top. After reading this page I bought driver side ABS sensor (front right) costs £37 . I managed to change it myself. Since than no more lightes popped out 

Thanks to everyone on this page saved me at least £200

• Like 1

Driver side ABS sensor needs to replace part costs £37

On 4/9/2021 at 10:43 AM, Russats said:

Hello 

just bought a 66 plate and this issue comes on when I got round a bend, then after a few minutes it goes off again. Could be the seat sensor too on this one do you think? 

thanks. 
Russell

On 1/15/2020 at 3:43 PM, Colin McDonald said:

H123B2782-7975-4326-9B81-9E16BEF43237.thumb.jpeg.8f44ba999c80a737a4fc2459eba42030.jpegi there. 

I have a 66 plate S-Max and every now and then I get the following warnings on the dash:

ESC Service Required 

Check Park Pilot

Hill start assist not available 

the warning lights ABS and traction control (car skidding and car skidding with OFF underneath)

there does not seem to be any difference in driving and after a few seconds all the warnings disappear  

the car has just had a service and nothing has been highlighted  

any ideas?

Driver side ABS sensor needs to be replaced part cost £37

On 8/20/2020 at 5:51 PM, smax driver said:

I have this exactly. 66 plate smax. Did you get it sorted?? 

Driver side ABS sensor needs to replace 

• 1 month later...

I also have the same issue and get no error codes from me ODBC model, any help/advice would be very much welcomed!

2 hours ago, Steve3581 said:

get no error codes from me ODBC model,

What are you using to read the DTC's, is it a generic code reader ?

Most generic code readers will not read Ford specific DTC's, they are really only any good for standard basic codes.

You need to use a Laptop with the software FORScan and the new OBDII port cable. Since you are not in the UK you will have to buy from a supplier in your country.

FORScan download: https://forscan.org/download.html

UK supplier of new vLinker VS cable: https://www.bmdiag.co.uk/forscan-diagnostic-cable-for-ford-vgate-vlinker-fs

Ive managed to get two codes now!

U0402 and P061B-F1

Any advice would be gratefully received!!

Engine is being starved of air, or at least the MAF sensor thinks it is.

(a) Possible blocked or restricted air filter.

(b) Air leak in the system after the MAF sensor. Air is getting in to the intake manifold without it going past the MAF sensor.

(c) Faulty MAF sensor. It is not measuring the correct amount of air going to the engine.

(d) Something else 🤔

• Thanks 1

Thank you!! I have ordered a new filter which I will try and change over the weekend. At the same time I will see if I can see any issues with the tubes/cables around the MAF sensor.

Is the MAF sensor easy to access?

Hello

This weekend I cleaned the MAF sensor (which already looked clean to be honest) and also found that the air filter housing was badly installed and its two rubber anti vibration feet were not sittings correctly in place. This has no been sorted.

All that to say I once again had the same two error codes this morning....

U0402 - Invalid Data Received from Transmission control module

P061B-F1 Internal Control Module Torque Calculation - Performance

If anyone on the forum has any ideas in which direction to go now id be very grateful!!

Cheers!

Steve

Time to replace the MAF sensor. It's the only way you can eliminate it as being the fault

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Time to replace the MAF sensor. It's the only way you can eliminate it as being the fault

Thank you again for your feedback, I have done a little research over the weekend, and I have read a lot about people having issues with corroded contacts/cables that could also be the cause of this issue.

In your opinion could this also be a possible cause, and if so im wondering which area to focus on 1st?

It is possible that you might have a wiring fault, most probably would be the point at which the wires go in to the back of the MAF plug.

31 minutes ago, unofix said:

It is possible that you might have a wiring fault, most probably would be the point at which the wires go in to the back of the MAF plug.

Hello

Okay I will take a closer look at the cable/connector. I notice the cable is attached to the air filter box, its not impossible the last person who replaced the air filter was a little heavy handed and damaged the cable/connector whilst pivoting around the top part!

Why am I getting a warning on my dash board: ESC SERVICES REQUIRED? Should I stop using the car?