Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch issues 2013 Mk7

JackInTheBox

Hi all,

I've been noticing an issue with my clutch today and can't figure out what the issue might be. When the car is stationary and I'm trying to move off slowly by using the clutch, the car sometimes won't move at all and just makes an odd grinding noise. It doesn't happen all the time and if I switch off the ignition and turn it back on, it will eventually move off and drive absolutely fine, however I am worried that this might indicate that something will break down soon. I use the car to go to work and don't know whether it is safe to continue. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? If you need any more clarification please let me know, English isn't my first language so I struggle with the technical terms sometimes.

It sounds like a similar problem I had with my car, when I finally got down to the nitty gritty it was the thrust realise bearing

Thank you for your reply. From reading info online it seems like it might be easier to replace the whole clutch rather than changing just the bearing, is that correct? Did you drive your car for a while before repairing it?

Yeh it lasted a while before I got mine repaired but the risk is you don’t know how long it will last

depends if you have the money to replace the whole clutch but as you have it off you may aswel replace all

Ive got a 2017 Focus, and have this weekend had a similar issue (I think), when I have tried to pull away a couple of times there is a loud squealing noise when raising the clutch, and then it hasnt done it since.  If I try the usual handbrake on whilst raising the clutch it doesnt happen or any signs of slipage.

Anyone know what this could be?  and if it is a clutch bearing, what the approx cost of repair is?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club