Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless fiesta stolen

Kayos

Hi All, 

I had my black 2013 fiesta 1.0 ecoboost (124bhp) titanium X stolen yesterday in Manchester, by two guys in an Audi Q3 it took them 90 seconds to steal it. I was more than a hundred yards away in my work with the keys. So I'm guessing I will never see it again and I need to buy a new car. I loved that car and it was perfect for my needs, but I am of course worried about buying the same spec and parking it in the same spot for it to go as well. 

Is this a know weakness? Is this spec really popular for these cretins? Should I just buy a boring other brand? 

Thanks for your opinions. 

NB: I have reported it to the police reg: EF13 OSR

Best thing is to put your car key in a protective pouch to stop the signal being piggybacked.
When you need the key just take it out of the pouch then.
At home, keep the key in the pouch or a lockable metal key box (the keys continually give out a signal to allow for the car to detect them but does leave the system vulnerable to the type of theft you fell victim to).
Latest cars have keys that go into hibernation if not moved for 5 minutes or so, I believe Ford dealerships can provide replacement keys with the hibernation function but not sure how far back compatability goes with older cars.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The toe rags have probably been watching you for some time and sitting in their car with a laptop computer loaded with a programme that picks up the keyless entry code when you activate it to lock the car, they then go away and download that code to a module, come back with it and steal the car. I hope that you have reported it and given a description of their car. I'm surprised that in this technological age that Ford, and others, have not fitted a sort of transponder linked to your phone by an App that you could use to deactivate the code which would cut the power to the engine and stop the car wherever it was. There is a tool that thieves are also using to steal Ford vehicles, especially Transit vans being targeted for traders tools, this tool is what locksmiths use to open up your vehicle if you loose or lock in your keys, it's called a 'tibbi' key which is a lock pick, insert the prong in the lock, turn the barrel rings that are numbered on it until each clicks, like a combination lock, and the door unlocks, read off the line of numbers, 5 normally, and that is your key code. This tool is normally only available to the trade and in Ireland you need a licence to be able to own one but there is an online source that sells them openly, I won't name that source but they have a smiling arrow as their logo. This Company have been told that in selling these openly that they are aiding an abetting criminal activity, there reply was that they do not take responsibility for items they sell on behalf of third parties but when it's pointed out to them that they are as the end seller responsible all they say is that they don't care.

I had a mondeo stolen one Manchester it had keys gone in less time than it took me to cross the street I just watched it drive off, never did get it back.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club