Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford fiesta mk6 zetec s fault codes p0324 and p0325

Arkhangelsk1989

Hello, I was driving home from work and my car suddenly cut out and the red light at the top of the instrument cluster was flashing and a message saying engine system fault, high engine temperature showed up. I got the car home and disconnected and reconnected the battery and now the car starts fine. The engine was barely even warm as I only have a 2 minute drive too work so the high engine temperature is confusing. 

One thing that I will say is that the rear brakes are seizing up so if that's got anything too do with it I don't know but I'm getting that sorted tomorrow. 

I plugged in an obd2 scanner and got 2 fault codes:

P0324

P0325

The car is a Ford fiesta mk6 zetec s 2007 with 49000 miles. 

Cheers for any help

Hopefully someone will help knowing what those codes indicate 👍

• Like 1

I have had a look at the connections today and all seems fine. I have it booked in for a proper inspection as I'm concerned about what happened the other day with it cutting out so it will put my mind at rest. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

Weird......

I have a 2007 1.6 petrol Zetec S too....  And earlier this week, first thing in the morning, went to start it, red flashing LED and it came up with "High engine temperature", no start. Turned it all off, tried again and the same.  Turned it off again, waited about a minute, than all started OK.

Later I went through the in built data display menu to look for fault codes, can't remember the exact codes, but "Corrupt Data" I think was the outcome.

Now in "Wait and See" mode.

• Like 1

Very weird, my engine was barely even getting warm then it just cut out and I lost steering. 

Managed too get it on the drive and it still wouldn't start or anything so I disconnected and reconnected the battery and it fires up straight away with no lights on the dash or anything. 

Those codes I had are related too the knock sensor but I doubt that would cause the engine too cut out. 

Very strange 😐

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Paulkp said:

Weird......

I have a 2007 1.6 petrol Zetec S too....  And earlier this week, first thing in the morning, went to start it, red flashing LED and it came up with "High engine temperature", no start. Turned it all off, tried again and the same.  Turned it off again, waited about a minute, than all started OK.

Later I went through the in built data display menu to look for fault codes, can't remember the exact codes, but "Corrupt Data" I think was the outcome.

Now in "Wait and See" mode.

Did you use a diagnostic tool to check any fault codes? Could check the knock sensor to be safe 👍

No I did not - I lent it to my brother a few weeks ago, and it is 60 miles away!  I only used the dash display.  (I really ought to ask him for it back!)

In my case the engine did not even turn over - just red flashing LED, and overtemp.  

Hello, quick update, my car just did the same thing again while I was on my way back from Derby, luckily it cut out on a quiet street. 

I called the RAC too come and have a look and it turned out the be the ecu earth cable on the negative battery terminal was lose because the threads were stripped on the actual bolt. 

The bolt on the right is where it normally should be but the chap from the RAC move it too the bolt on the left

IMG_20200119_230819.thumb.jpg.e10dad853d98ffea112fc8374e9aef61.jpg

RAC are absolute saviours and they deserve more credit than they get 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club