Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Both Dipped Headlights Out

totzo

Hi there,

just noticed that both of my dipped lights are out (53 reg 18. tdci). The main beam and side lights are all ok, wondering what to check first as I'm thinking the bulbs are unlikely to have both blown at once. Is it more likely to be a relay? Had a quick look at the fuses in the engine bay and they all look ok (think this is where the light fuses are :P).

Don't want to buy new bulbs if I don't need them!!!

Any help much appreciated :)

If the bulbs were both fitted together there's every chance they could both have failed within a similiar space of time. Probably best to work from the cheapest upwards on this one so fuses, Then bulbs etc first.

If the bulbs were both fitted together there's every chance they could both have failed within a similiar space of time. Probably best to work from the cheapest upwards on this one so fuses, Then bulbs etc first.

thanks for the suggestion- I read somewhere that the surge from one bulb blowing can do the other one too, so I'll just start with the bulbs and fuses as you suggest.

thanks for the suggestion- I read somewhere that the surge from one bulb blowing can do the other one too, so I'll just start with the bulbs and fuses as you suggest.

Should be two fuses 15amp one per dipped beam. the side/tail lights should be two 7.5 amp.

Should be two fuses 15amp one per dipped beam. the side/tail lights should be two 7.5 amp.

Haha check the fuses- both fine, so I went to halfrauds and opted for the fitting (said they wd do both bulbs for £5.99)

Ended up doing half the job myself coz the guy couldn't figure out how to get the cover back on the drivers side.

Anyway- turns out both bulbs had blown at once. :)

I had the same problem with my car, both bulbs had gone at the front. I was told its not a easy job to do lol but took it to Halfords and it took them 10 minutes! £29.00 for bulbs and to fit it.

• 10 years later...

Hi guys, I was driving at night, put the full beam on and now it stays on, the full beam won't turn off, if I switch to side lights I can use the full beam to "pass" and turn them on and off but when I switch to full beam they stay on. 

Any ideas? 

Are you saying headlights are stuck on high beam and won’t switch back to dip beam even though the stalk switch feels like it clicks normally.  My sisters fiesta did that. I took the stalk switch apart (they are not really designed for that) and found a tiny part of the mechanism had broken. A 2nd hand switch from eBay fixed it.