Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dvd/gps/dvb-T Player Ford Fiesta Mk7

Chase

Pretty damn cool if you ask me, looks excellent!

You don't work for the company who imports them though do you? Bit of a sales pitch! :P

I can post a picture of the tv tuner at a later date as I havent sorted the arial out yet.As It's digital it needs a good signal,just got it sat on the dash at the moment.The dvd plays whilst driving so I assume the tv will as well.

No,I don't work for the company that imports them.lol :D

If the digital receiver works, it'd be more impressive ;) I can't see it being long before Ford has their own system like this in the Fiesta (similar to how the Focus/Mondeo etc have a satnav option).

Which satnav maps are you using?

I have to say but that looks excellant to me,, I was pretty much thinking that they where a BIG risk, but that looks really well, well done!

I have to say but that looks excellant to me,, I was pretty much thinking that they where a BIG risk, but that looks really well, well done!

Thanks.It could of all gone wrong so I was taking a risk. :huh:

How much would Ford charge?

The TV system seems to support NTSC AND PAL so yet to find out.

Really only wanted it for the Sat Nav,I'm using Igo 8 maps.Takes some getting used to as have always used TomTom.

The unit in my car, which integrates all the dash controls etc, is an £1800 option at build. No TV/video playback though, but voice control and bluetooth are perfect.

Wow! Looks very professional! Have you got the link were you got it from? Would deffernatly be interested in one of these, as i miss the 1 i had in my mk6.5

All the dash controls work with the unit and you can by them with a canbus which supports the steering wheel function.The bluetooth replaces the original hand-free so an extra £1400 seems alot for voice control.lol <_<

Well, yeah, it would appear that way, but it also controls DEATC w/aircon, fans etc, and is covered by the warranty from Ford. It is also 7", MP3 has 6 CD changer and touch screen.

Don't get me wrong - it's very expensive and I would never pay for it. It was a fairly common feature in the Mondeo and Jaguars, but Ford built a demonstrator with it in the Focus, which is now mine, but after the car depreciated 60% in 16 months :) I can see these units becoming quite popular in the Fiesta, as a Ford equivalent is likely to be over a grand.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chase, I've been looking at buying one of these units to and was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions for me?

How would you rate the general sound quality and responsiveness of the unit?

Have you connected an IPod and if so does it display album covers -I know the YouTube video appears to show covers but it would be nice to have it confirmed by someone who has one of these units.

And finally in your last post you say that you can change the Kms/h back to MPH via settings so does this mean that using the settings option you can change other settings such as ambient lighting? (Excuse my ignorance but we only picked up the car last week)

thanks

tea4me

Im seriously considering one of these now.

Must be a way to have all teh controls on it ho from teh steering wheel.

Actually 2 questions.

Do you get a seperate remote control for it?

Would this affect my Cruise control?

• 2 weeks later...

12.jpg

13.jpg

Hi have you managed to get the steering wheel functions working yet? Im very interested in buying one of these units and have been in contact with the UK distributer,all he can say is that the manufacturers are working on this problem. Just makes you think what else they have said will work on these unit but actually won't.

Well to be fair after market HU and syncing Sterring controls has always been a royal pain, no manufacturer in my experience has ever really got sterring controls and HUs sorted.

• 4 months later...

The original poster won't be able to verify if the cruise control or the ambient lighting will be affected as he drives a ZS, I have cruise control and the ambient lighting in mine, not so worried about the lighting but wouldn't want my cruise control to be affected as that could end up quite dangerous. I'm seriously considering buying this unit as I have the very standard unit in mine atm, the small red screen and lacking bluetooth/usb. It doesnt have the sleekness of the updated fiesta radio onscreen but seems to have a lot of very cool functions. Chase - when you were buying it, how much would it have cost for the feature for the steering controls to work? I enjoy having them close to hand on the steering wheel and they would come in handy especially if you have a touchscreen.

also, from your pictures of the top it shows various device inputs but no USB slot. My car doesnt have the USB input, so if I were to want to connect my ipod to it, would I need a seperate lead?!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club