Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Dreaded P0101 Code !

Mike2020

Good Morning Ford Fan's.

The wife's 2016 65 Plate Ka Titanium developed a warning light issue last week. 

It came on, then went off, and two days later came on then off, so  intermittent.

Purchased just under 6 months ago from a well known dealer, we had 6 months warranty included in the price. 

It's a nice one owner, 17,000 mile car, and runs like a dream.

Anyway, under warranty, we had it checked, and it was found out to have the P0101 fault code issue.

The garage, cleaned the MAF sensor and reset the ECU and off we drove light's out , fingers crossed.

So the questions I have are as follows.

1. Regardless of cleaning the MAF is it likely that this fault will recur ? Is this an induction of a unit that will fail ?

2. Would it have better just to change the MAF sensor ?

3. Would changing the Air-Filter help keep the MAF sensor in better order ?     

I really look forward to a reply, and genuine and helpful advice and guidance.

Mike 2020  

ka222.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have a 2015 ka and have major issues. Had new sensor £448 March 20 doing the same again , having a nightmare with Ford garage and getting nowhere 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club