Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to Change the Thread Photo - Admins??

DaveT70

Just a quick note.

I think it's time to change the photo on the threads because loads of people are going to be coming on with the new Puma soon.

Including me, possibly

Given that the original and new Puma are totally different things, would it not be preferable, if possible, to split the Forum into Puma coupe and Puma crossover, to avoid confusion?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 8:20 AM, DaveT70 said:

Just a quick note.

I think it's time to change the photo on the threads because loads of people are going to be coming on with the new Puma soon.

Including me, possibly

I picked up my New Puma ST-Line X First Edition 1L EcoBoost Hybrid on Saturday.  It took almost a month from ordering (4 Jan) to receiving the car (1 Feb).   Having great fun learning all the new tech, auto features etc.  It drives nicely.  However, I do regret trading in my Fiesta.

There are some shortcomings with the manual.  A decided lack of good interior photos of the controls and switches.   I will post photos of the switches in a new thread.

I am enjoying the Puma.

• Like 1

You seem to be the first on here, Richard - look forward to hearing how you get on with the Puma. Which engine did you go for, btw - 125 or 155ps?

The 125 Eric.   I'm definitely in play mode at the moment.  Getting to grips with the navigation.

The hybrid charging gauge is not explained at all.  The hybrid self charges - it's not a plug in.  The gauge is split in 2.  On the left a green arc appears when braking (Charging battery symbol on the left side)  On the right the arc is blue and appears when accelerating  Symbol is a C in a circle - I guess this arc shows that the car is using electric power, although it feels like the petrol engine is running.

Auto stop is extremely smooth and responsive.  Just depress the clutch to restart the engine - no need to press the accelerator at the same time. The boot well in place of a spare wheel, and no jack or wheel brace are a bit alarming.  According to the manual, there is a tyre repair inflator under the driver's seat.

These are just a few of my first finds and impressions.  I think I'm really going to enjoy driving the Puma.

Edited by RMB

BTW,  the delay in delivery of the car from the factory in Romania was blamed squarely on Brexit!  Apparently Ford has been importing loads of vehicles to beat 31st January and it took longer than usual to find the car!  Hmmmmmm   Anyway as compensation, the first service will be a freebie.

11 hours ago, RMB said:

BTW,  the delay in delivery of the car from the factory in Romania was blamed squarely on Brexit! 

Lol, I bet we'll see that excuse (correctly or not) being milked for a long time by all sorts of people!😀 My Fiesta was delayed 6 months + due to a "leather shortage".

• Haha 1

Hello.  What does the hybrid feel like to drive?  I'm guessing as it's mild you don't necessarily notice it?

2 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

What does the hybrid feel like to drive?  I'm guessing as it's mild you don't necessarily notice it?

Can't say I noticed anything in my half hour test in a 125. My dealer reckoned the extra torque was (a bit) more noticeable in the 155ps version which has 240Nm against 210Nm in the 125, but they didn't have one to drive, unfortunately.

On 2/4/2020 at 10:12 AM, Guy Heaton said:

Hello.  What does the hybrid feel like to drive?  I'm guessing as it's mild you don't necessarily notice it?

Hi Guy the hybrid mode isn’t noticeable in our 125 model. It feels as if the petrol engine is running. The hybrid gauge is the only clue that you’re in hybrid mode.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 10:39 PM, RMB said:

BTW,  the delay in delivery of the car from the factory in Romania was blamed squarely on Brexit!  Apparently Ford has been importing loads of vehicles to beat 31st January and it took longer than usual to find the car!  Hmmmmmm   Anyway as compensation, the first service will be a freebie.

Wasn't just the Puma, They were stockpiling all models just in case there was a 'no-deal' and tariffs kicked in. They had been for 6 months. I ordered mine at the beginning of December and picking up on 1st March on a 20 plate. My delay is due to them manufacturing all the retail pre ordered 125ps before starting on the 155ps and I wanted to wait for the 20 plate (actual delivery is 23rd Feb into dealer), depreciation and all that.

Interesting video here though...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gsd0475 said:

Interesting video here though...

That's quite some trainload! Shows how many cars you can take off the road with one train!😀

Uncovered on the train without being washed for several weeks...the paint will already be ruined before you collect them! :sad: 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club