Do Not Sell My Personal Information

replacing radio in ford fiesta questions

lapommedeterre

hello! the radio went out in my 2013 ford fiesta and the dealer wanted $800 to change it out when the part was only $200. so I got a radio from a pick your part lot for $30 and was able to do it myself. (though a few weeks ago got one from a focus instead bc there were no fiestas available and the parts look identical, but it didn't work fyi)

today got one from a fiesta and now it's working! but my car is S model and has no cd player and I got one from a fiesta with a cd player and the respective faceplate. I was able to insert a CD and it said "cd loading" but now when I click on cd it's still saying "CD unavailable" is there something I can do to get the cd player to work? would it also be possible to in the future get a radio/faceplate from a fiesta with the phone/bluetooth feature and get that to work?

also when changing the radio out the cable that connects the antenna to the radio broke off at the end so only aux is working. how do I replace that cable?

- Maybe update the communications module that connects to the radio. When i bought my car the bluetooth / aux didnt work so i had to replace the whole unit. (sits behind glovebox area)

- To replace the cable just snip the end off. Remove the sheathing from the protruding wires and crimp it onto a new connector.

This was for a MK7 so not too sure how relevant it is for a 2013.

could be wrong but don't you need to use forscan to tell the car it now has a cd player?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club