Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 TDCi not starting when hot (QYBA engine, mk4 Mondeo)

Rootriver

Hello all! I decided to post this here too and not just mondeo, as the same engine is in many other models too.

I have a 2008 mondeo with 1.8 Tdci (QYBA/Lynx). First my EGR gave fault codes and then the car started to refuse igniting when motor was hot after few weeks.

I blanked the EGR, and the problem got little better (ignites better as the air is purer?), but still refuses to ignite properly. The engine kind of ignites but then stalls. I had the plugs replaced 2 years ago. Obd shows that rpm is pretty much same hot or cold as is fuel rail pressure when trying to ignite.

Ignites like a charm every morning and after work, but I cannot go to grocery store, as the car won't start after wards. The car will also start nicely when towed (its manual). Car also runs fine when hot, once I get it running.

So any ideas? Anyone had same problems? Is it the EGR? Injectors (car has VDO injectors)? Fuel pump?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Update, as it's fairly warm I decided to test if the coolant temp affects the problem, I drove home (around 10-15 min drive) with aux heater on. The gauge rose to about the first line after 60 c (75 c?). The car started without any problems.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club