Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does mk2.5 interior facia fit a mk2

Banana4Life

Hi, 

Just wondering if the interior facia for the mk2.5 which is curved around the radio fit a mk2 which is square. I know would need new radio but would facia fit? 

Thanks, 

Not sure for certain but it looks like the clips are in about the right places, here's some pics of ones I've got laying around. Can take a closer look later if nobody else can confirm before then. 

IMG_20200118_154531044.jpg

IMG_20200118_153418921.jpg

did all mk2.5 have curved corner stereo? , my brother has a late 2008 Focus Mk2.5 Style and that has the older square corner stereo in it. That would make me think that the two fascia panels are interchangeable bit it does not guarantee it.

(actually the car was originally a Police car which I am guessing may have had some Police related stuff fitted there originally so something might have been altered when it left the Police force)

Yes the dashboard is identical 2005-2011 

• Like 1

Yes it does.

Did it myself on my old mk2.

I have a full PDF guide for this in my link below my posts (view on a PC).

Obviously a facelift radio is needed plus the oem mounting brackets and some self tapping screws.

All listed in the guide.

These are the brackets you need-

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F252764988774

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Yes it does.

Did it myself on my old mk2.

Thanks for replies 🙂 Only reason I want too is because grey square 6000CD is really ugly. Were the 6000CD upgraded at all over the years or only the look and colour? Also wiring will be same wont it.

Totally agree, the older unit is pretty boring looking.
I recommend the Sony version as it looks much nicer and sounds far better as well.
You can sometimes find a 6 disc changer model or a DAB version.
Wiring is identical (unless you fit a DAB version which requires an aerial upgrade, I also have a guide for that btw).
Make sure any radio you buy has come from a Focus, Fiesta or C-Max and not from a Mondeo as the Mondeo one is not compatible.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Totally agree, the older unit is pretty boring looking.
I recommend the Sony version as it looks much nicer and sounds far better as well.

Will have a look although  they are a little more expensive. Do all the Sony units come with bluetooth or is that dependent on the car?

10 minutes ago, Banana4Life said:

Will have a look although  they are a little more expensive. Do all the Sony units come with Bluetooth or is that dependent on the car?

bluetooth in controlled by a separate module and different versions offer differing capabilities, if you're wanting "full" modern style bluetooth i.e. streaming music from a mobile device to the car you'd be better off fitting a Halfords special.  You'll likely end up with more functionality and it shouldn't cost that much more (if any, after the cost of the correct bluetooth module is factored in).  The old bluetooth modules can't have their software/firmware updated so it's not unusual for people to have issues with reliably pairing with specific devices.

If you want an upgrade get a 7018b off eBay for less than £30. Granted its the cheapest lowest quality touchscreen unit I've ever used but it does actually work, and sounds OK. It does bluetooth streaming and can take reversing cameras which themselves are only less than £10 on eBay

7018b - in fact loads of sellers on eBay between £23 - £25 although it can be hard telling which ones send from Uk and which ones pretend to be in uk and are in China etc really.

Not tried one myself. Crazy cheap price for all that functionality

Thanks Again although I'm not too worried about a screen. I was sticking to Ford units as I wanted to keep the column controls. I'm not sure what aftermarket unit allows you to keep them, let alone what adapter etc I would need. I have seen a few posts about keeping the controls but I'm not an expert. bluetooth + column controls is my goal so will have a look at 7018b

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club