Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Closing Windows Mk7

parv1

I dont know if I was told correctly, but when I was researching cars, a dealer was telling me that if you hold down the lock button on the key fob, it will automatically close the windows if you have left them open.

Has anyone got this to work?

I've never tried it, but I'm fairly sure the mk7 doesn't have global closing. Would be cool though as the Focus gets it. :(

Hi

Have just tried it on my fez and it does not work.

Had to move the car so that i didnt have to get up early to move so my mum could reverse her car off the drive.

Jamie

Its not a fitted function on the fiesta but it is a feature existant on the higher range focus and proberly the kuga and mondeo as well.

Bugger :(

Thanks guys for trying. I did try it before but was hoping that it might just be me doing something wrong.

I could sell my new titanium fiesta............NOT!!!!!!

Oh well, i'll just have to use the buttons instead. ;)

Thanks again.

is there not something you can fit to enable this on the windows mechanism, i know its something my friend has done it on a fiat punto.

Global closing is only available if you have auto up/down one touch electric windows front and rear.

As the Fiesta only has a drivers side one touch window it wont work.

my dads focus had tht a really welcome extra on a hot day as you could wind down all the windown at the same time!

I dont mind not having this

HOWEVER

Its very annoying you need to have your key fully engaged (two turns, just before you start up) to operate the windows.

Most other cars you only need one turn to use the windows. So once you turn the engine off with one turn, you need to turn it back again to use the windows....grrr'ness :lol:

My BM has it and my previous car had it, probably used it half a dozen times in 6 years. Very rarely lower the windows anyway, that's what A/C is for. ;)

• 5 years later...

Mine has auto opening and closing , one needs to hold button on for a few seconds

If your fiesta has global closing, both drivers and passengers window go up with one touch, then you can control them from the fob. Press unlock once and then again but this time hold it until the windows start to go down. Do the same but with the lock button to close them.

• 2 years later...
On 10/3/2015 at 9:09 PM, CREED said:

If your fiesta has global closing, both drivers and passengers window go up with one touch, then you can control them from the fob. Press unlock once and then again but this time hold it until the windows start to go down. Do the same but with the lock button to close them.

Hi,

I have a 2014 Fiesta and was wondering if there is anyway to know if you have Global Opening/Closing or how to get it? I have reset the windows (one touch up/down) as instructed in the manual.

I read online that all cars after March 2014 should have it - mine was built in late 2014.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Check Ford Etis, the info will be there once you register as an Independent Operator (free account).

https://www.etis.ford.com/home/loginForm.dohttps://www.etis.ford.com/home/loginForm.do

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Ahh thanks. My car doesn't have it then (less global/auto closing)

😞 

Although it does say less bluetooth and less cig lighter which I have both of...? 

My fiesta facelift dont have active, so with forscan i activate.

Press 1 time to lock/unlock them press again for 3s.

1 hour ago, fgservo said:

My fiesta facelift dont have active, so with forscan i activate.

Press 1 time to lock/unlock them press again for 3s.

What is forscan and how do I use it?

I wonder if anyone has read this thread having owned their car for 5 weeks and only discovered today it has global opening/closing windows !

Mmmmmm I wonder 😉

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club