Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unlocking

Neilw

Hi guys.

Hope you can help because its getting on my nerves........

When I unlock the car it unlocks the driver side the I have to push the button again to unlock the rest of the doors. Is there a way of unlocking all the doors at once.

Neil......

:blink:

Hi guys.

Hope you can help because its getting on my nerves........

When I unlock the car it unlocks the driver side the I have to push the button again to unlock the rest of the doors. Is there a way of unlocking all the doors at once.

Neil......

:blink:

Excellent, wish I could have that option on mine [like I could on my Volvo S40] It's an anti hijack measure. Your wife's just got back to the car in a car park. There is a car jacker tooled up with a knife crouched down by the nearside front passenger door. Your wife opens the doors gets in straps herself in. And quick as a flash the car jacker is sat by her side with a knife at her throat.

In the S40 it's programmable, through the computer via the floating consul. Would suspect yours is also, when asking questions about your car you need to give Model, Year, Mark, Fuel and Trim Level, Zetec, Ghia, etc.

To save time in repeating yourself, you can put that kind of info below your avatar, all but the last three letters of the word petrol in my case.

Excellent, wish I could have that option on mine [like I could on my Volvo S40] It's an anti hijack measure. Your wife's just got back to the car in a car park. There is a car jacker tooled up with a knife crouched down by the nearside front passenger door. Your wife opens the doors gets in straps herself in. And quick as a flash the car jacker is sat by her side with a knife at her throat.

In the S40 it's programmable, through the computer via the floating consul. Would suspect yours is also, when asking questions about your car you need to give Model, Year, Mark, Fuel and Trim Level, Zetec, Ghia, etc.

[to save time in repeating yourself, you can put that that kind of info below your avatar, all but the fuel in my case]

This option is available on all MK2s I believe (i've enabled it on my 05 Ghia anyway).

You press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons for about 5 seconds. it will then flash and might make a noise. keep doing this to switch between the modes :)

This option is available on all MK2s I believe (i've enabled it on my 05 Ghia anyway).

You press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons for about 5 seconds. it will then flash and might make a noise. keep doing this to switch between the modes :)

Thanks for the info I'll try that, I suspect to have it as the OP wants will be the same procedure. Off to get dressed and try it :rolleyes: that's not to say I'm sat here naked...................I am for the sake of decency wearing a thong :D :D :D

The two key method works on all Mk 2's. It's in the handbook. Worked on mine first time. Turned it off so all the doors unlock together, the missus was fed up being left out in the rain until remembered to let her in!

What a superb feature to have :) So what you are saying is i could get into the car and leave the mr's outside :lol: Now that is a must have feature on any car. Oh just realised it means the kids can't get in too. I'm loving this car everyday i own it :P

Got that on my Mk1. A great feature to have!!

Mike

The two key method works on all Mk 2's. It's in the handbook. Worked on mine first time. Turned it off so all the doors unlock together, the missus was fed up being left out in the rain until remembered to let her in!

not a problem really, with friends and family in tow, open on a double click, when on your own a single click.......simples

There is a way of turning the feature off (as stated above).

I have it. One press to open the driver's door, two to unlock passenger's doors. Car also locks itself 5 minutes into journey. I think it's an excellent feature. Wouldn't want to turn it off.

• 5 years later...

Awesome - stumbled across this today and just gone and tried it on my 2010 Mk 2.5 - didnt know it was available (had it on my last car and missed it on this) and woroked like a charm

many thanks!! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club