Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 06 Water Leak

tony68

Can anyone help? Just purchased focus 06.getting rain water in drivers footwell??

Screen been taken out and resealed,still carpet wet,after rain????????????

Thats strange. Sorry can't help you there. Depends where you brought it from, maybe you should pop it down to ford and ask them. Thats what I do

Thats strange. Sorry can't help you there. Depends where you brought it from, maybe you should pop it down to ford and ask them. Thats what I do

theres been a previous post about this it can be fromn the bulkhead take it to ford and tell them theres a leak in the bulkhead drivers side this is also from a previous post...... think I have found the cause of my water problem. I took a plastc cover that is placed inside, and goes from top of the driver door to dashboard/windscreen. And then when a friend of mine was pouring water on on the top of windscreen small stream,actaully drops could be seen in one place, close to corner of windscree/dashboard. Those dropes continued to flow somewhere, somehow down to under the floor carpet, I guess. Although ,I could not seem them on floor but the chance is big this is the source of wet carpet. It turned out that the windscreen was not original and had been glued unproffesionally. I am going to run a longer test of pouring water to see that water down on floor. And will be getting a quote on re-glueinng the windscreen.

When we bought a 1999 Focus 1.8 Zetec from a motor dealer back in 2005. With in days of purchasing it I noticed when the car interior warmed up, I was seeing condensation on the windows, and a smell of damp carpets. On closer inspection I found the drivers foot well carpets to be wringing wet [passenger side bone dry] Well I searched every where, I even cut the carpet under the drives seat so I could inspect the front of it thoroughly,as the carpets and the under felt were swimming.

On finding no leaks, dried the carpets and underlay out, refit them and it never got wet again. Conclusion, the car dealers 18 year old son valeted the cars they took in prior to them going on sale. There was in the Mk1 Focus I had, a cut on three sides flap in the carpet drivers side. On lifting this carpet flap you could read the Vin number stamped on a plate fixed to the floor pan. I concluded the young lad whilst steam cleaning the carpets, had managed [whilst no doubt thinking about girls] to get the steam cleaning nozzle sat over the flap for a considerable time. Lacking the resistance to circulating water the carpet would have normally offer, it just flooded under the carpet and underlay.

Maybe worth considering, seeing as you have just bought it, and assuming it has been damp in the drivers foot well from day one.

When we bought a 1999 Focus 1.8 Zetec from a motor dealer back in 2005. With in days of purchasing it I noticed when the car interior warmed up, I was seeing condensation on the windows, and a smell of damp carpets. On closer inspection I found the drivers foot well carpets to be wringing wet [passenger side bone dry] Well I searched every where, I even cut the carpet under the drives seat so I could inspect the front of it thoroughly,as the carpets and the under felt were swimming.

On finding no leaks, dried the carpets and underlay out, refit them and it never got wet again. Conclusion, the car dealers 18 year old son valeted the cars they took in prior to them going on sale. There was in the Mk1 Focus I had, a cut on three sides flap in the carpet drivers side. On lifting this carpet flap you could read the Vin number stamped on a plate fixed to the floor pan. I concluded the young lad whilst steam cleaning the carpets, had managed [whilst no doubt thinking about girls] to get the steam cleaning nozzle sat over the flap for a considerable time. Lacking the resistance to circulating water the carpet would have normally offer, it just flooded under the carpet and underlay.

Maybe worth considering, seeing as you have just bought it, and assuming it has been damp in the drivers foot well from day one.

thanks for response,phoned dealer today well my wife did i was to annoyed.The're going to have it back and try and locate problem.

keep you posted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club