Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 update

Ford Cortina/Capri

I decided to check my wife's 2018 Fiesta to update the Sync 3. I've downloaded the file and extracted them on to a USB exFAT format. Started the process on her car but, it's taking forever.  The file is 23GB big so, anyone any idea how long that should take ?  Apparently, once I've updated the system, there is another upgrade for the maps.

The car is currently on version 3.0 build19205 with maps F6.1. What  is the latest version ?

23GB sounds very large file for Sync3 software update ( that's normally around 3GB). Sounds more like map update, latest version available is F8 although F9 due soon ?. 

Just tried doing it again, fresh download and install to the usb, after an hour the update system disappeared so gave up.  Were can I get a smaller update as this one is to big. Must have a few updates and it's trying to do them all on one big update

Don't bother with the updates off fords servers at present. They are having issues, so I would wait a few weeks then try again 

19 hours ago, Ford Cortina/Capri said:

Just tried doing it again, fresh download and install to the usb, after an hour the update system disappeared so gave up.  Were can I get a smaller update as this one is to big. Must have a few updates and it's trying to do them all on one big update

You could try just leaving the stick in - i've had updates that don't seem to be doing anything (you can turn the car off and it will just resume next time you start the car) and it will suddenly say  - "complete"

I wouldn't bother at present . Ford are aware the  downloads are flawed and have stopped the servers from letting consumers download the sync updates and maps. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club