Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk1

ant94

Hi All we have a focus 98/04 model first reg in 05.

We bought the car when it was almost 12months old andonly done about 4000mls, now that we have had the car for 4yrs all that we have ever had done is front brakes, front tyres, new Wiper Blades, and it's been serviced every yr..

The wife simply adores the car and almost snarls if anybody goes near it that she doesnt know..

The car has done many many many many many miles touring scotland, what can we do to keep it 1005 besides a good polish and putting an injection cleaner in the fuel?

would anybody recommend putting a cat cleaner?

Hi All we have a focus 98/04 model first reg in 05.

We bought the car when it was almost 12months old andonly done about 4000mls, now that we have had the car for 4yrs all that we have ever had done is front brakes, front tyres, new wiper blades, and it's been serviced every yr..

The wife simply adores the car and almost snarls if anybody goes near it that she doesnt know..

The car has done many many many many many miles touring scotland, what can we do to keep it 1005 besides a good polish and putting an injection cleaner in the fuel?

would anybody recommend putting a cat cleaner?

it's a Mk1 Focus, below your avatar you have it as a Mk2. Are you having problems with it? what mileage has it done? is it a petrol or a diesel? I've never ever put additives in the fuel tank and I've always used supermarket fuel, and I've never had engines that burn oil. And I've never had a car which ever needed the engine working on apart from my first ever car purchase 45 years a go [a clapped out A35 van] And I've always bought second hand.

Keep it clean, treat any rust areas straight away, fit front mud flaps. A quick polish once every six weeks would be good, serviced once a year, keep the brakes up to scratch. Run on decent tyres and check tyre pressures once a fortnight at the very least.

I can honestly say that we have never had a problem....(touch wood)

except 2 new front tyres,new front brakes, new Wiper Blades....

It gets serviced every year..

it's done 40000 with many of those touring scotland.

I've been advised by a ex-ford mechanic to have the brake fluid, power steering fluid, and coolant changed.

i'm looking to have it professionaly polished and then we will keep on top of it...

I can honestly say that we have never had a problem....(touch wood)

except 2 new front tyres,new front brakes, new wiper blades....

It gets serviced every year..

it's done 40000 with many of those touring scotland.

I've been advised by a ex-ford mechanic to have the brake fluid, power steering fluid, and coolant changed.

i'm looking to have it professionaly polished and then we will keep on top of it...

well the coolant shouldnt need changed yet if its the red stuff if you want it polished and protected get this it works http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item35a12872cc after the first use it protects the paint watch the vid i can honestly say it really works its used by mercedes ferrari lexus jaguar dealers this is what they use when you buy a second hand motor from them

well the coolant shouldnt need changed yet if its the red stuff if you want it polished and protected get this it works http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item35a12872cc after the first use it protects the paint watch the vid i can honestly say it really works its used by mercedes ferrari lexus jaguar dealers this is what they use when you buy a second hand motor from them

That stuff looks amazing!!! Gunna get me some of that!! :P

Mike

That stuff looks amazing!!! Gunna get me some of that!! tongue.gif

Mike

it used to be a trade secret i hav e used it many times and the best part is the first time you use it it puts down a protective barrier so road tar etc just wipes off and ive tried the thing with the paint ie spraying the cleaner on and putting the protection on then spraying enamel on leaving it to dry and it comes off amazing product

it used to be a trade secret i hav e used it many times and the best part is the first time you use it it puts down a protective barrier so road tar etc just wipes off and ive tried the thing with the paint ie spraying the cleaner on and putting the protection on then spraying enamel on leaving it to dry and it comes off amazing product

Well I don't care what I saw in that video, all the accumulated grit and grime off a dirty car not first washed away with the aid of water. All those tiny particles of grit building up on the clothes grinding it into the paintwork. Nope call me old fashioned, hose the car down, paying particulare attention under the wheel arches and sills. Turn of the tap doh, wash with a bucket of detergent containing wax formula, spray hose down, dry it down with a shammy leather, beautiful.

Maintenance schedule states brake fluid changed every two years, in reality garages don't do it. Garages don't take the wheels of to do brake inspections, so they wont do fluid changes.Yes I've no doubt they will charge you for it in the schedule price. I bought from a Ford Main Dealer a "Franchise Approved" 2005 55 plate Focus mid October 09 with 32,713 certified miles. Last recorded service in the book was mid August 07, OK it had only done 12,364 miles in the intervening 2 years 2 months. But they promised that they would do a 37.5k three year major service on it because it had missed that last service. Truth is I took it to my mechanic beginning of this month for a brakes inspection because the brakes although working fine were an unknown quantity to me. As it happens as new, but the wheels had not been off at it's service prior to me taking delivery of it.

Brother in law had a major service on his Volvo C30 at a Ford Main Dealer [to keep warranty valid] but took his car to a local mechanic he usually uses, to have some tyres changed he had bought of Camskill, a right job getting the wheels off his C30, so again no proper brake condition inspection as per the Ford schedule.

Getting back to brake fluid change, even my mechanic does not do brake fluid changes as a matter of course, nor the MOT garage next to his either [but he does not charge as if he does] Only does it if there is an issue that is not disks, pad or shoe related.ie:a soft brake pedal pressure issue. I've used my mechanic for 17 years and never had an issue with my brakes whatsoever.Other than normal disk of pad renewal

another double post removed :blink:

The proshine looks ok anybody know where you can get it from besides ebay...

eBay is the cheapest for it. the stuff doesnt grind in grit basically when you spray it on it lifts the grit off completely and puts a barrier down i have used it many times and it works and doesnt scratch paint mercedes jaguar ferrari dealers all use it they wouldnt use it if it would scratch the car

ebay is the cheapest for it. the stuff doesnt grind in grit basically when you spray it on it lifts the grit off completely and puts a barrier down i have used it many times and it works and doesnt scratch paint mercedes jaguar ferrari dealers all use it they wouldnt use it if it would scratch the car

Truly amazing

what about that diamond glaze stuff they sell, that looks good. One coat of that and let the rain clean your car :ph34r:

Now I do like the look of those lazy man's tyre valve pressure indicatorsthey are selling

I don't now I get error messages of late when trying to post, try again and I find I've double posted :unsure:

I don't now I get error messages of late when trying to post, try again and I find I've double posted unsure.gif

havent tried that stuff the pro shine the first time you use it it puts a protective layer on the paint so raod tar and dirt doesnt stick when it rains it simply runs off the dirt etc so the car gets cleaned by the rain i have sprayed enamel on a panel before and cleaned it off with little more than a spray of proshine and a few wipes of a cloth because it doesnt stick to the cars paint the spraypaint i mean it sticks to the protective film the proshine puts on not sure about pressure indicators i know with motor bikes they tended to let air out as they werent sealed very well the new ones may be different.

ive updated my gallery so you can see fr youreself i used proshine on everything even the mouldings thats a day after i did it

havent tried that stuff the pro shine the first time you use it it puts a protective layer on the paint so raod tar and dirt doesnt stick when it rains it simply runs off the dirt etc so the car gets cleaned by the rain i have sprayed enamel on a panel before and cleaned it off with little more than a spray of proshine and a few wipes of a cloth because it doesnt stick to the cars paint the spraypaint i mean it sticks to the protective film the proshine puts on not sure about pressure indicators i know with motor bikes they tended to let air out as they werent sealed very well the new ones may be different.

ive updated my gallery so you can see fr youreself i used proshine on everything even the mouldings thats a day after i did it

Well seeing is believing, as you have no financial connection to the firm flogging it. The Focus is a credit to you mate.

I thought my car looked good in the Garage pictures! Yours looks the dogs, Artscot!!

Mike

I thought my car looked good in the Garage pictures! Yours looks the dogs, Artscot!!

Mike

its not bad for 25 minutes work lol

its not bad for 25 minutes work lol

Mine took 2 frickin' hours!! :blink:

Mike

Polished mine the other day took me all afternoon bit of elbow grease, autoglym car and glass polish and a few microfibre cloths looked f***ing brand new was sooo happy then a bird craped on the bonnet after i spent about 3/4 of an hr on the bonnet alone trying to mask the chips and next doors now thankfully dead cat's claw marks and to top it of it absoutly chucked it down that night bodywork feels like silk though :P .

Dont know if id trust that stuff on my car the paint's got about 3 million imperfections on the laquer and the odd scratch and that prefer the old fasioned ways of a deacent good wash, dry and polish by hand is tempting to try it though.

Mike

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club