Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk 6 spark plugs rust

TangoDaz

Hello 

I tried to change my spark plugs on a fiesta mk 6 at the weekend but when I took off the air filter box I found water on top of the cam covers. In addition to this the plug leads had rust around them and I could not pull them out. Any advice on how to change both plugs and leads would be very welcome. 
Thanks in advance 

Darren 

This will most likely be caused by water leaking into the engine bay through the windscreen washer jet holes. The later modified jets have a rubber seal around them. If you have got these on your jets then it will probably be the core plugs in the cylinder head that are allowing water to exit the engine. The core plugs are between plugs 1&2 and 3&4. My best suggestion is to soak the plugs for a day or two in a decent penetrating oil and then to just be gentle and work the plugs back and forth to get them out

hope this helps 

• Like 1

Plusgas is pretty good for getting right in and doing the job.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club