Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any sign of map updates?

gillyallan

As the title really. Feel we must surely be due a new sync 3 nav map update. Wonder if anyone in the know?

They can't get the existing one to work at present. Good luck with a newer one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh.... That's not good lol

14 hours ago, iantt said:

Ford themselves can't get a map update to work? Or are you talking about people doing their own Sync updates via leaked files etc?

Ford themselves. Owners with 18.5 registered car are on maps F7 ( clearly out of date) 

F8 will not download to these vehicles and Ford have absolutely NO IDEA when F9 will be ready and if this will work.

Mine is on F8 [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Mine is on F8 emoji848.png

So is mine, but we aren't MY18.5 onwards, are we? 😁

1 hour ago, Andyr55 said:

Ford themselves. Owners with 18.5 registered car are on maps F7 ( clearly out of date) 

F8 will not download to these vehicles and Ford have absolutely NO IDEA when F9 will be ready and if this will work.

Yes, unfortunately I am still on F7 and like many others are eagerly awaiting an update. 🙄

BTW, are all newly registered MK 4 Focus being shipped with F7 maps ?

6 hours ago, PLB said:

Yes, unfortunately I am still on F7 and like many others are eagerly awaiting an update. 🙄

BTW, are all newly registered MK 4 Focus being shipped with F7 maps ?

No, I have F8.

I think the stuck F7 are only on Sync 3.0 cars, the ones with 3.3 have F8.

EDIT: See below

• Like 1

Strangely I got the F8 update on my mk3.5 ST and it worked just fine.

20 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Strangely I got the F8 update on my mk3.5 ST and it worked just fine.

Maybe it's the other way round, I forget, lol.

Perhaps Sync 3.0 was ok updating to F8, but cars built with 3.2+ and loaded with F7 couldn't update.

My Sync 3.3 car came with F8 from factory though as I'm sure yours did.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Maybe it's the other way round, I forget, lol.

Perhaps Sync 3.0 was ok updating to F8, but cars built with 3.2+ and loaded with F7 couldn't update.

My Sync 3.3 car came with F8 from factory though as I'm sure yours did.

It's not actually a software issue preventing some vehicles downloading F8 but the hardware. Vehicles from mid/late 2018 onwards were fitted with a different APIM that is incompatible with the map update website software  . The reason you and others with new vehicles have  F8 is probably because it was factory installed. Ford have said this issue will be resolved with the release of F9 this year but I'm not holding my breath. I have Sync 3.3 but stuck on F7 maps for this reason

3 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

It's not actually a software issue preventing some vehicles downloading F8 but the hardware. Vehicles from mid/late 2018 onwards were fitted with a different APIM that is incompatible with the map update website software  . The reason you and others with new vehicles have  F8 is probably because it was factory installed. Ford have said this issue will be resolved with the release of F9 this year but I'm not holding my breath. I have Sync 3.3 but stuck on F7 maps for this reason

The files are all available to update the F8 maps, you could do it manually.

It's not the hardware which is an issue, Ford are using a different partitioning format on the APIM for Sync 3.2+ now, compared to 3.0.

On 3.0 the F8 map was a single map file and single voice pack.

On 3.2+ The F8 maps are split up by region and there are about a dozen files. You can manually update by creating your own update file and only doing one or two regions at a time, Ford obviously haven't found a foolproof method they are happy to give out to end users, so have opted not to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

On 3.2+ The F8 maps are split up by region and there are about a dozen files. You can manually update by creating your own update file and only doing one or two regions at a time, Ford obviously haven't found a foolproof method they are happy to give out to end users, so have opted not to.

I hope Ford give us an idiot proof option to do this for those of us that are not too Tech savvy. 

I have the offline version of Fords map supplier, Here Maps, on my phone and the whole of the UK is only about 1gb and you don't even need to download the whole of the UK. There is also a choice of voice model.

I haven't updated mine for a while, but from memory they are updated every 6 months or so.

6 hours ago, alexp999 said:

No, I have F8.

I think the stuck F7 are only on Sync 3.0 cars, the ones with 3.3 have F8.

So why can I not get F8 on my car as my sync its already ver 3.3 build 18201 ?

Just now, PLB said:

So why can I not get F8 on my car as my sync its already ver 3.3 build 18201 ?

I got it round the wrong way in that post:

It's the 3.2+ cars which came with F7 that are stuck.

• Like 2

And mine came from the factory with 3.2 and F7 then  received an update for 3.3 but is still stuck on F7 ( as I know are many others )

5 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I got it round the wrong way in that post:

It's the 3.2+ cars which came with F7 that are stuck.

Thanks for the clarification Alex.

I should have read your other posts more clearly. 😊

Fortunately I'm on F8 as on a lesser Sync 3 with my 3.5 model. I'd be ***** being on F7 still as that was poor for my area.
Not too impressed by Ford's software knowledge.
Guess a lot of us can use AA or carplay and then use waze/Google etc. But sort of defeats the purpose of having built in sat nav.
Waiting game then.

• 3 weeks later...

So since sync is split now into v 3.0.and 3.2+ surely they can still give updates to us with 3.0 as its not stuck or aren't they interested in us now. I've done 2 map updates so far and both went fine.
I'm sick of website saying I'll be pleased to know I'm up to date. No, I'm not pleased I'm checking cause I want an update.

Ps. I know none of you can do anything about it, so only venting.

They are still rolling out updates to both forks of the software. Afaik 3.0 is more up to date than 3.3 cars at the moment. 

They are still rolling out updates to both forks of the software. Afaik 3.0 is more up to date than 3.3 cars at the moment. 
Yeah it seems so. I'm F8 but that's a year old now.

Count yourself lucky there's loads of us who bought new cars last year and are still stuck on F7. !

Count yourself lucky there's loads of us who bought new cars last year and are still stuck on F7. !
Yeah I know it's really poor of Ford. I feel for you as F7 was crap around my area.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club