Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ST Line 140ps service intervals

Nimrodmk8

I bought my car a year ago in March, I have roughly 3900 miles on the clock, the salesperson said the service is every 2 years but I'm sure in the owners manual it said 1 year, Ford dealer are now saying it's due for a service which is a bit eager as I bought the car in March, basically I want advise should I book a first service in March, I 'm thinking it a good idea as it was a new engine, do you also how much they should charge, thank you.

It's 2 years for your car or up to 10'000 miles, which ever comes first I think and 1 year for the ST.

I got mine in December from Fords, which was used and registered in May, they said its 1st service is in May, but I think it will just be a basic checkover and not an actual service, but I will get the oil and filter changed if it is indeed just basic check of the car.

• Like 1

So my car is 18k/2 years but my oil life indicator looks like it will be sooner.

However in the FordPass app under service and support, service intervals there's a tiny piece of writing that says "or sooner if indicated by your vehicle's message center"

17 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

So my car is 18k/2 years but my oil life indicator looks like it will be sooner.

However in the FordPass app under service and support, service intervals there's a tiny piece of writing that says "or sooner if indicated by your vehicle's message center"

oil Life indicator? do you mean the dip stick.

2 minutes ago, Nimrodmk8 said:

Oil Life indicator? do you mean the dip stick.

No, within the trip computer there is an oil life percentage reading.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kental said:

No, within the trip computer there is an oil life percentage reading.

Thanks for that,I didn't know it had one.

8 hours ago, mitch84 said:

It's 2 years for your car or up to 10'000 miles, which ever comes first I think and 1 year for the ST.

I got mine in December from Fords, which was used and registered in May, they said its 1st service is in May, but I think it will just be a basic checkover and not an actual service, but I will get the oil and filter changed if it is indeed just basic check of the car.

Hi m8, slight correction it's 2 years or 18,000 miles for the OP's car 😉 although I got mine done at 1yr and 2yr to be safe (short journeys etc).

@Nimrodmk8 - My Ford dealer quoted me 180.00 for the first 'official' service, but Evans Helshaw wanted 240.00 lol.

I ended up using my local trusted garage for 106.00 and I supplied the oil at 33.00 (all as per Ford Schedule to maintain warranty of course).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure I read on one website (possibly Lookers) that they recommend for the first 3 years the car to be checked over every year. However I have a feeling this is to make sure all warranty work was done, before it runs out.

Mine was done after 1 year when the garage got it from the previous owner. I'm not sure weather to get it serviced this year (2n'd year) or wait another year or 18k miles from first service..

• Like 1

1st year on our cars was for a Health Check and to activate the 2nd year complimentary Ford recovery / breakdown.

2nd year (or 18000 miles) require first service as per Ford recommendation.

That is for a Mk8.

My previous Mk7.5 had to be serviced every year.

• Like 4

As I would like an oil and filter change done yearly Im wondering what that would cost vs having a service with the oil/filter change included.

I normally just go to my local ford workshop for servicing as Its very close to me.

I don't bother with oil and filter change in the first year if I don't have to. We are unlucky if we have to reach the 6k/year in our cars, so no real need.

Can't understand why owners "like" an oil and filter change in the first year if the manufacturer of the vehicle doesn't recommend it. I guess that the oil life indicator shows when this process really needs to happen.

So in the first few 1000 miles of an engine's life when it is bedding in it can create more swarf than later in its life.  If i was keeping a new car for a while I would do a change at 4 or 5k, for the sake of a few quid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

I don't bother with oil and filter change in the first year if I don't have to. We are unlucky if we have to reach the 6k/year in our cars, so no real need.

Can't understand why owners "like" an oil and filter change in the first year if the manufacturer of the vehicle doesn't recommend it. I guess that the oil life indicator shows when this process really needs to happen.

Low mileage if short trips, usually comes under "arduous conditions" resulting in more frequent recommended oil changes.

Engines wear proportionally more when cold.

• Like 3

Sure, I hear what you are saying but surely the manufacturers would recommend a more frequent oil change if low milage trips are made wouldn't they. It would be a way of them making more revenue from services and oil changes. 

Irrelevant of short or long trips, low or high milage, the oil life indicator, I would have thought would be relevant... Obviously the longer the trips and higher miles, the oil life indicator will decrease faster won't it? 

I can understand changing oil etc etc more frequently for short trips etc 25 years ago but this day and age, it seems the manufacturers have moved with the times and modern technologies and may see it as a waste of time, money, resources etc.

I personally trust Ford. If they tell me to change the oil after 2 years, that is what I will do. If the oil life indicator says change oil earlier, I would do that also, although we seldomly keep the cars more than two and a half years.

44 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Low mileage if short trips, usually comes under "arduous conditions" resulting in more frequent recommended oil changes.

Engines wear proportionally more when cold.

Severe Duty Conditions
Regular short trips of less than 10 miles when outside temperature remain below freezing
Extensive idling such as police, taxi or door to door delivery use
Towing a trailer, using a camper (caravan), roof top carrier or carrying maximum loads
Operating off-road such as an unpaved or dust covered road

• Like 5

Manufacturers will happily spec extended service intervals to appeal to the fleet market.

They are all about making money after all.

• Like 1

Is it easy to find the oil indicator? I still need to play around more with the computer bit, I'm a bit old school

40 minutes ago, Nimrodmk8 said:

Is it easy to find the oil indicator? I still need to play around more with the computer bit, I'm a bit old school

Download the ford pass app and link your car and you can view it in that or just use the steering wheel buttons to view it in the central cluster screen.

5 hours ago, Nimrodmk8 said:

Yes.

Using Right hand buttons of steering wheel. Scroll to Settings, press OK, Information, Press OK, Scroll down to oil Life, which is just bellow Tyre Pressures, press OK.

Simples!!

• Like 1

Much appreciated thanks for that info.

On 1/31/2020 at 6:46 PM, Jim H said:

Yes.

Using Right hand buttons of steering wheel. Scroll to Settings, press OK, Information, Press OK, Scroll down to Oil Life, which is just bellow Tyre Pressures, press OK.

Simples!!

That's great managed to find the oil life indicator it's showing 58% and my cars nearly a year old.

Out of interest, when oil is changed does the oil life indicator get automatically reset back to 100%, I gather the garage would reset it?

1 minute ago, mitch84 said:

Out of interest, when oil is changed does the oil life indicator get automatically reset back to 100%, I gather the garage would reset it?

No, you have to reset it yourself on the tab that shows the oil life. Effectively same procedure as resetting trip computer

Just now, DG97 said:

No, you have to reset it yourself on the tab that shows the oil life. Effectively same procedure as resetting trip computer

Thanks didn’t realise there was a reset for oil life, seems a bit odd that the garage wouldn’t do it, especially if it was changed at a ford garage. I will have to remember to do it when I get it changed.

2 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Thanks didn’t realise there was a reset for oil life, seems a bit odd that the garage wouldn’t do it, especially if it was changed at a ford garage. I will have to remember to do it when I get it changed.

They are meant to reset it for you but I suppose if they haven’t it’s just a case of them forgetting! Bit annoying as I’m quite a stickler for details like that and hate it when stuff like that gets missed out or forgotten

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club