Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 Focus. What DO you like?

SDHXIII

4 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

There is a definite difference in S mode on my auto.  Not only does it take the rpms higher but it holds the gear andd doesn't change up if you come off the throttle for a corner.

And I need to get someone to time it 0-60 as it definitely feels quicker than 8.5

May just be the old bum Dyno not reading right though 😀

It pushes revs up faster but not greatly in my 182 manual.  Up to 1500rpm it still seems as sluggish as in normal.  I've done a self test using a timer and got just over 7 secs but add error for me having to try to stop it when I got to 60mph.  Waspishing very high revs in 2nd and being manual I didnt wanna waste time changing gear again.  What was upsetting was that it limited revs at around 7200rpm.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

And I need to get someone to time it 0-60 as it definitely feels quicker than 8.5

Totally agree. I’d say 8.5 in normal mode. 

10 minutes ago, soultrappa said:

It pushes revs up faster but not greatly in my 182 manual.  Up to 1500rpm it still seems as sluggish as in normal.  I've done a self test using a timer and got just over 7 secs but add error for me having to try to stop it when I got to 60mph.  Waspishing very high revs in 2nd and being manual I didnt wanna waste time changing gear again.  What was upsetting was that it limited revs at around 7200rpm.

ps, it was on a damp road also, I eased in on the accelerator so there wasnt that much wheel spin and it's a nice pull all the way through the revs.  You feel a kick at 1500rpm and its max torque seems to kick in at around 3500 but it stays pretty constant from 2500 - 6800 rpm.

I had a 69 plate astra sri 150 (I think) for 2 weeks coz some idiot hit me in the rear and in sports mode the turbo seems to kick in instantly and although it hasnt quite as much grunt as the ford, you would have to be decent at the lights in a 30.  In a 60 the astra wouldnt be an issue.

4 hours ago, soultrappa said:

ST-X 182 mk4 desert blue. 5500 miles

Dislikes

3. metal gear stick gets COLD in winter.

Buy baby socks about £2.50 from supermarket. Solves all your problems

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, m50e30 said:

Buy baby socks about £2.50 from supermarket. Solves all your problems

but I like the feel.....when. its warm lol

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if the mk4 will come in Hybrid form in the future?  I recently bought a 2016 Mazda 3 as my 2015 Focus had to be written off 😔. I would like to go back to Ford in a couple of years time. 

Titanium Estate, 2.0L EcoBlue 150PS in Chrome Blue.  Sept 2019.
1 Large cargo area both with rear seats up and down
2 Spacious comfortable interior
3 Very quiet – and no rattles (yet!)
4 Steering, handling, road holding, suspension
5 Tows my caravan like a dream, plenty of torque, stable in crosswinds
6 BLIS
7 Rear camera, especially the wide angle option
8 8” touch screen display at the right viewing angle

Dislikes
1 Unnecessary messages on start up that prompt you to click “OK” to make them disappear (dashboard and touch screen)
2 Occasional distracting “Collision Alert” sounds and flashing lights when no collision imminent, despite being on lowest setting
3 Narrow lip on wing mirrors making mounting towing mirrors a pain
4 Awful built in sat nav, especially traffic info and graphics  – I find Google Maps on Android Auto much better
5 All those fingerprints on the touch screen display!
6 Most of the cockpit storage options are just on the small size

Start up messages should time out anyway if you dont press ok

6 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Start up messages should time out anyway if you dont press ok

Yes they do but it's still an irritation to see the same messages obscuring what you're looking at for a few seconds for no good reason in my opinion.  Perhaps that shows how much I like the car if that's the sort of thing I'm moaning about!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I do like the desert island blue. Thought it looked best of all until I saw this video.....

ooh projector lights  So much better looking than reflectors, even with halogens in.

new gray too?  looks shinier than my magnetic, or maybe just cos its clean 😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club