Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus mk4 1.5 ecoblue engine rattle

Remy

the car has 1000 kms on it and i hear this rattle at idle. Anyone else have this issue with 1.5 diesel

https://youtu.be/v_i9Bmzxu2k

https://youtu.be/-MbdASzpboQ

Yes, very rattly at idle and generally very noisey over all.

Sounds like a dodgy tappet or the input shaft bearings are worn, it's neither, it's the injectors opening and closing

Totally normal 

• Like 2

Sounds like gearbox to me, how could ford engineering release a car sounding like that,if it have 100k miles ok,but from brand new

Sounds like noisy clutch release bearing .

Seems to be in all the 1.5 ecoblues diesel ive heard, anyone got a sound of the mk4 1.5 diesel

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 1/31/2020 at 5:11 PM, Remy said:

the car has 1000 kms on it and i hear this rattle at idle. Anyone else have this issue with 1.5 diesel

https://youtu.be/v_i9Bmzxu2k

https://youtu.be/-MbdASzpboQ

Good evening Remy!

I bought exactly the same car new, 3 months ago from a greek dealership.

I have the same issue when my engine is cold, even with 22 degrees celcium outside temperature.

I have tried all the different types of diesel,(Shell DIESEL V POWER, BP ULTIMATE ETC) but it still rattles...

It makes me mad because i have only 4.000 kilometers on the odometer...it is still a brand new engine!!!!

I am still breaking in its engine and i want to go to Ford service to ask them about these sounds but due to coronavirus i can not at the moment...

Is it something that will become a serious problem for my engine at the future?

I have 8 years of guarantee and i will demand to fix it for free!!!

Have a nice afternoon!!!

Thanks in advance for your answers!!!

Greetings from warm and sunny Athens/Greece!!!

• Like 1

It is not a problem but just a characteristic of this engine. 

You either have to accept this or get rid of the car. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 4/15/2021 at 8:39 AM, JW1982 said:

It is not a problem but just a characteristic of this engine. 

You either have to accept this or get rid of the car. 

I am sorry for my attitude..

I thought that i might have an engine problem so i asked for a different opinion.

It is my first time buying a diesel...

Some things are not so familiar to me...

The MK3.5 1.5 TDCi was so quiet that the difference between the MK3.5 and MK4 is quite noticeable.

It's nothing to worry about though.

Shell or BP super diesel does quieten it down a little bit, but the extra cost and zero difference to MPG doesn't justify the spend.

Turn the radio up 😀 😁

• Haha 1

Could always order some of these decals.......would fit nice on the front wing 😆

Screenshot_20210419-081221_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Exact same model and engine with 16k on the clock....and exactly the same "characteristic".

But we all want to know......"does your start stop work!!??" 😉

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, VFR800 said:

Mine does, when I use it. I drive everywhere in sport mode.

I do reset battery monitor using FORscan quite often though

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 10:14 AM, Wino said:

Could always order some of these decals.......would fit nice on the front wing 😆

Screenshot_20210419-081221_Chrome.jpg

I own also a Massey Ferguson 165...

A legend... 1977 model...belonged to my father and now it belongs to me.

Perkins AD4.203...

• Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 12:44 AM, VFR800 said:

Exact same model and engine with 16k on the clock....and exactly the same "characteristic".

YES.....Hold the front page... Stop Start has worked today on the way home from work this evening 😮

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

looks like I'm in the same boat ....I brought my 2020 connect and the rattle is noticeable took to two separate ford dealer both say same thing characteristics of engine 😳....auto start stops never worked always say s vehicle still charging ?? 

Good evening everybody!!!

I now have a new problem...

When my engine warms up properly, wobbling starts at idle every two seconds...idle correct,two seconds, wobble, idle correct,two seconds after engine  wobbles again...it is very annoying because it is transfering inside the car as a short shaking...The idle rpms stay stable and the fuel consumption have been rised a little bit...

Is it an injector issue?I only have 11.500 miles on the odo...it is a brand new car for crying out loud...I called Ford's mechanics for the issue and they told me that it might be a not proper fuel problem....and i always use a high ketane diesel for my car from Shell or BP fuel stations...Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Alexis94040 said:

When my engine warms up properly, wobbling starts at idle every two seconds...idle correct,two seconds, wobble, idle correct,two seconds after engine  wobbles again...it is very annoying because it is transfering inside the car as a short shaking...The idle rpms stay stable and the fuel consumption have been rised a little bit...

Is it an injector issue?I only have 11.500 miles on the odo...it is a brand new car for crying out loud...I called Ford's mechanics for the issue and they told me that it might be a not proper fuel problem....and i always use a high ketane diesel for my car from Shell or BP fuel stations...Does anyone have the same issue?

I never had that issue, no.

But stop wasting your money on Super Diesel, it actually doesn't have higher cetane levels in it any more

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Alexis94040 said:

No issues here but the engine rarely gets warm tbh.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

I never had that issue, no.

But stop wasting your money on Super Diesel, it actually doesn't have higher cetane levels in it any more

Good morning!

I would like to do such a thing but here plain diesel is full of bio-***** and it is worthless for every diesel engine...you see, Greece has no goverment checks to the gas stations so they adulterate everything from the plain diesel to the high ketane one...

So i prefer paying the high ketane diesel because in fact it is the normal diesel  with no adulteration at all😂😂😂.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alexis94040 said:

Good morning!

I would like to do such a thing but here plain diesel is full of bio-***** and it is worthless for every diesel engine...you see, Greece has no goverment checks to the gas stations so they adulterate everything from the plain diesel to the high ketane one...

So i prefer paying the high ketane diesel because in fact it is the normal diesel  with no adulteration at all😂😂😂.

Ah, didn't realise you were non UK, sorry.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club