Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3.5Mm Jack Problem

Matt.ZS

Hopefully this isn't just me but does anyone who uses the 3.5mm headphone jack find that it doesn't sit in properly and tends to fall out? I started off using the normal iPhone wire along with a 3.5 to 3.5 jack but i found there was too many wires around so i opted to getting the Ford Y cable. I thought buying this would mean there was more of a flush fit but even with this the lack of flex in the wire means even the slightest knock makes it fall out. I went to my Ford garage and had two of the guys try it in 3 other Fiesta and all had pretty much the same problem.

Yes I have the same problem. I use the Ford Y cable as well, I find that if I move my iPod then it tends to pull the audio plug out, not the USB one. As you say there isn't much flex in the Ford cable.

I suppose its just a cheap component from Ford then. I might try and make a small housing for the leads to sit in so the 3.5mm jack hold onto the USB, i never thought such a small problem could be so frustrating.

I got my own ipod cable and own 3.5-3.5 cable, wrapped them round each other and that takes away some of the excess length and makes it abit tidier, I've not used the Ford Y-Cable but it does look particularly short =/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club