Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK4 1.0 Ecoboost modifications

L99RYC

As many would have seen, there is not really much available on the market for the MK4 Focus at the moment.

1). Induction Kit - CEUK or Airtec (Price £150.00 - £200.00)

2). Exhaust - At this moment in time only custom exhausts are available.

3). Intercooler  - At this moment Not available

4). Remap - Custom Dyno tunes only (no reputable tunes as of yet)

5). Maxton Design Splitter kit (Price £100+)

6). Bulb Upgrade - CEUK (Price £25.00)

7). Wind Deflectors - HEKO (Price £30.00)

Lets keep this thread going to help market the Focus Mk4 Platform.

As much as it pains me to say, I don't think there will ever really be a market for serious performance parts for our pokey 1.0's... 

It's been a huge gripe of mine since getting the car, that the naff halogen bulbs are impossible to upgrade to LED / HID because no one makes an aftermarket bulb holder.

On a plus note, there is quite a bit of cosmetic upgrades floating around.

Currently the Fiesta Mk8 1.0 has an intercooler available as well as plenty of exhausts.

The remaps are solid for them too.

I'm hoping the Focus will follow the same path.

• 4 months later...
On 2/4/2020 at 4:19 PM, Marcr1 said:

As much as it pains me to say, I don't think there will ever really be a market for serious performance parts for our pokey 1.0's... 

It's been a huge gripe of mine since getting the car, that the naff halogen bulbs are impossible to upgrade to LED / HID because no one makes an aftermarket bulb holder.

On a plus note, there is quite a bit of cosmetic upgrades floating around.

autobeam have hid kits for mk 4 focus 

Never seen aftermarket HIDs look good in reflector lenses, just a blodge of glaring light.  All IMO of course.  😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Never seen aftermarket HIDs look good in reflector lenses, just a blodge of glaring light.  All IMO of course.  😀

A 4D Light bar is cheaper and gives the same results 

iMarkup_20190805_213218.thumb.jpg.70657cb702f9c2fdd817c7c3ce658070.jpg

There is a bluefin available for the 1.0 Manual and the 1.5 (182) automatic only at the moment and the ST Petrol

I'm waiting for the 1.5 ecoblue.

I find bluefin is better because if you get any problems and the car needs to go to Ford you can take it back off in minutes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

There is a bluefin available for the 1.0 Manual and the 1.5 (182) automatic only at the moment and the ST Petrol

I'm waiting for the 1.5 ecoblue.

I find bluefin is better because if you get any problems and the car needs to go to Ford you can take it back off in minutes

OOOH!  That's new.  200bph would be nice but warranty voiding worries me.

• Like 1

The Puma mild hybrid 1L 155 ( same engine in the newest focus I think) looks like it’s got an automatic box available. The 7 speed dual clutch auto that’s in the focus ST.
Looks like the 8 speed torque converter (which I really like) has been dropped less than 2 years (?) after it was launched. 

It was a joint effort with Chrysler iirc, but Ford dropped the 9th gear.

10 hours ago, Alex.S said:

The Puma mild hybrid 1L 155 ( same engine in the newest focus I think) looks like it’s got an automatic box available. The 7 speed dual clutch auto that’s in the focus ST.
Looks like the 8 speed torque converter (which I really like) has been dropped less than 2 years (?) after it was launched. 

The 7 speed DCT box is non hybrid.

8 speed auto still on 1.0 non hybrid and Diesel Focus

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Yes, I got that impression when the Puma was first announced  but when the price list came out the 7 speed DCT was on the non hybrid 125 only, as Dave says. Similar on the revised Fiesta, only the Focus seems to have kept the 8 speed (again on the non hybrid 125) for now.

All very confusing!

I asked ford through social media. “ the focus product manager confirms this is the same 8 speed auto with a little rework that included the 2nd gear removed (making it a 7 speed). The Puma uses a different 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. We apologise for the error in our prior message. ^Aaron

I was asking if the 8 speed auto had been discontinued 

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

I asked ford through social media. “ the focus product manager confirms this is the same 8 speed auto with a little rework that included the 2nd gear removed (making it a 7 speed). The Puma uses a different 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. We apologise for the error in our prior message. ^Aaron

So if I understand that right, Ford are saying the Focus ST box is an 8 speed torque converter minus 2nd, making it a 7 speed?

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

So if I understand that right, Ford are saying the Focus ST box is an 8 speed torque converter minus 2nd, making it a 7 speed?

That’s what they’re saying.  I originally asked what auto box was in the Puma . They’d said 7 speed dual clutch (that seems to be correct) I then asked if that was same as focus ST. They said yes ....then today changed their answer....

• Haha 1

I'm guessing the guy answering Facebook posts won't be the most qualified person there... :wink: :tongue: 

2 hours ago, Alex.S said:

the focus product manager confirms

Yeah, of course he does! :wink: :laugh: 

I'd wait to see some actual proof tbh. :smile: 

• Haha 1

If it is a slush box that would explain the slight penalty on the 0-60

• Like 1

Fords social media team are like ford salesmen...clueless 

• Like 2

The Focus ST box is a DCT not a slush.

2 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

The Focus ST box is a DCT not a slush.

I got that impression when the car was first announced, but am struggling to find anything definitive - have you seen a positive reference Dave? I've scoured all the usual sites and none make it clear what sort of box it is, though the Pistonheads site (fwiw) makes reference to "the slusher".

I've read it on Ford's media site somewhere when ST was launched, it's a DCT (DSG) completely new for Ford, NOT the old Powershift rebadged (in fact, due to the tie in with VW, it may even be VW's unit)

It even says that DCT stands for Dual Clutch Transmission on Ford's website so why would someone say it's an 8 speed slush box with a gear removed LOL

• Like 2

If it is the VAG DSG I'd be happy for them to use it across the range, always liked those boxes.