Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seeking Advice On Mk4

kingfisher1967

29 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

BLIS tells u if someone’s in your blind spot. What’s the cross traffic ? 

If you reverse out of a parking spot with a vehicle parked ether side of you and so blocking your view the rear radar units are able to pick up moving vehicles travelling across the rear which you can’t always see. Very useful.

Hope that makes sense.

May explain a little clearer how it works.

F28730B5-C503-447E-9279-8E4B356547B3.jpeg

Explains it perfectly. If the Ford salesman had explained it to me I’d have probably gone for the package. Nothing I can do now but next car....

Convenience pack? 

13 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Explains it perfectly. If the Ford salesman had explained it to me I’d have probably gone for the package. Nothing I can do now but next car....

Convenience pack? 

Convenience Pack.

Door Edge Protectors, Active Park Assist 2 (for auto,s), Rear Wide-View Camera.

• Like 1

I have the convenience pack but not the cross alert.  I've found that when I put the camera to wide it's pretty good at seeing cross traffic anyway.

It’s a lot of stuff! 

How much £ ? 

Thing with the stx and the titx , if you add on a few extras you end up close to Vignale or ST money. 

I’d go for the Vignale rather than the ST..

16 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I’d go for the Vignale rather than the ST..

I was after a Vignale, Ford Direct had one in Ruby, when I called the dealers they said it was sold 😞 They said we've got a STX with loads of options (everything bar the electric tailgate) instead, how does that sound, I wasn't too sure but now I've got it I'm pleased I did. it was the same price as the Vig give or take a few quid but had less miles. I think the only thing a Vig has over a fully loaded STX is full leather, internal ambient LEDs and possibly better soundproofing via different glass. The only thing out of that lot that I miss is the full leather. I'm quite capable of running footwell LEDs having done it before. I also prefer the STX wheels over the blingy Vig wheels. I also think the STX is slightly lower on it's suspension than a vig.

53 minutes ago, Frowma said:

I was after a Vignale, Ford Direct had one in Ruby, when I called the dealers they said it was sold 😞 They said we've got a STX with loads of options (everything bar the electric tailgate) instead, how does that sound, I wasn't too sure but now I've got it I'm pleased I did. it was the same price as the Vig give or take a few quid but had less miles. I think the only thing a Vig has over a fully loaded STX is full leather, internal ambient LEDs and possibly better soundproofing via different glass. The only thing out of that lot that I miss is the full leather. I'm quite capable of running footwell LEDs having done it before. I also prefer the STX wheels over the blingy Vig wheels. I also think the STX is slightly lower on it's suspension than a vig.

STX wheels look better than the ST 19s ! Full leather I’d really prefer, the ambient lighting I can’t do as it’s a modification (lease won’t allow it) . Soundproofing on the STX is really crap, not sure the reason for that? Also the Vignale has the SLA suspension that Ford removed from the stx (without me knowing) couple of months before I ordered mine. Still handles very well tho . 

I'd take the Vignale next time.  The STLX exhaust is just too droney for me.  But then I am middle-aged.  😀 Plus I don't need rock hard suspension these days, I'd rather have supple, like my Mk1.5 Ghia had.

Alex I can't confirm but it is possible the STLX has what the ST has, pointless artificial engine noise piped in through the Speakers.

Is it the Fiesta ST that also has a pipe from the air intake to the cabin that is just to transfer noise from the engine bay?  Remember seeing a pic but can't remember the car it was.

48 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I'd take the Vignale next time.  The STLX exhaust is just too droney for me.  But then I am middle-aged.  😀 Plus I don't need rock hard suspension these days, I'd rather have supple, like my Mk1.5 Ghia had.

Alex I can't confirm but it is possible the STLX has what the ST has, pointless artificial engine noise piped in through the speakers.

Is it the Fiesta ST that also has a pipe from the air intake to the cabin that is just to transfer noise from the engine bay?  Remember seeing a pic but can't remember the car it was.

The fiesta ST is the same engine as our STX so probably has the artificial noise that I’ve read about but personally don’t notice. It’s road noise that annoys me. The engine ‘warble’ I don’t mind. 
The suspension is hard, as to be expected but the torsion beam doesn’t help with that. 
Was the look of the car that was a big factor for me. Had to be in the island blue, sacrificed extras for it . Could’ve got the as standard race red and got maybe B&O and the HUD or maybe the convenience pack. Wasn’t an easy decision 

Road noise is the Michelin tyres I think 

I wonder if the Vignale and titanium have similar road noise

I’m comparing to my last couple of cars both Vauxhall’s, were much quieter

have you noticed the adaptive volume on the sync ? 
I still want to call it a stereo , more of a computer now..

23 hours ago, PLB said:

Convenience Pack.

Door Edge Protectors, Active Park Assist 2 (for auto,s), Rear Wide-View Camera.

I've not tried the park assist yet 😄 but it'll be something I will have to test if only just the once

I noticed the road noise almost straight away, really noisy on concrete sections, I also put it down to the Michelins, I might get Dunlops or Contis when it is time to change.

The engine noise isn't unpleasant, it does seem a bit strained when you give it the beans, really sounds like she's being thrashed when you've still got a k or two to get to the red line. Perhaps she's still a bit tight having only 3600 on the clock. In normal driving on decent roads I can hardly hear a thing, the auto box makes sure the revs are kept quite low.

I've got the Estate version so it doesn't have the torsion beam <smug face>, I find the ride really good, it's a nice comfortable ride, firm enough without being a bone shaker and we really do have some rubbish roads where I am.

I've not tried park assist yet as I'm still being really babyish with her, parking miles away from supermarkets and shopping centers and only on ends to try and alleviate the possiblilty of a ding!

I didn't know about the adaptive volume but now you've said it I've just realised I've not needed to adjust the volume as we've gone faster!

I do like the Android Auto, the way it hooks back up with my phone, fires up the AA and starts playing the music again.

The annoying things are....

Why the hell doesn't it remember my drive settings? if I put it in Eco I want it in Eco the next time I drive it, why always default to normal mode?

Same with the hill hold and start/stop, there doesn't seem to be any logic as to when and why it decides to forget the settings I've made. Infuriating.

1 hour ago, Frowma said:

Why the hell doesn't it remember my drive settings? if I put it in Eco I want it in Eco the next time I drive it, why always default to normal mode?

Same with the hill hold and start/stop, there doesn't seem to be any logic as to when and why it decides to forget the settings I've made. Infuriating.

The Drive Mode will default to normal the next time you start the car. To be honest if it did not then I'm sure some people would complain that their car was gutless because they forgot that it was on Eco Mode.

Auto Hold and Start Stop should remember their settings. If they do not then it will probably be either because the battery is low on charge or there is a fault.

1 hour ago, Tizer said:

The Drive Mode will default to normal the next time you start the car. To be honest if it did not then I'm sure some people would complain that their car was gutless because they forgot that it was on Eco Mode.

Auto Hold and Start Stop should remember their settings. If they do not then it will probably be either because the Battery is low on charge or there is a fault.

Edit. Start Stop does revert to being active at the next restart if you had previously switched it off, although it may not necessarily work. 

My Auto hold turns itself off randomly, not often. These cars are pretty clever so there’s probably a logical reason for this. 

Same here ,but I have noticed that if you get any sort of alert ( eg tyre pressure warning )from the vehicle then all the driver settings are deleted plus autohold.

For me, my stop/start hardly ever works, but is always "on" in that sense.  I'm not a massive fan but I like a lot that I can control it via the brake pedal so can prevent it activating at junctions.

Drive settings always revert to Normal on restart, but other things like auto hold, lane warning etc., keep their status.  Well I think so, but as I never use auto hold I don't know wether it is setting itself to Off or not.  I'll have to activate it and then test through some restarts

Due to lockdown I've hardly used my new STX, but I do think that the cabin is quieter than my Mk3 Titanium. Really need to do more motorway driving though.

I expected the ride to be really firm too, however I've found that general road imperfections, sections of block paving etc are really well absorbed. When it did encounter something on the motorway (dodgy seam between sections(?), I didn't see it before we went over it) there was a really big clunk/reaction!

List price, I can see how adding lots of extras gets you closer to full on ST pricing, but I only had the pack with the camera & the cost of the paint. Once you've negotiated etc. the actual price paid was reasonable, I've seen 12 month old models at the same price point I paid.

I remember reading about a mk4 owner realised in his brand new car the battery wasn’t earthed properly and was disconnecting/connecting all the time. A factory fault. That could explain some electrical issues. 

2 minutes ago, Sprawlsy said:

the cost of the paint

Much did you pay for the paint? My blue was £750. I don’t know if different dealers have different prices...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club