Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK8 dashcam & start stop

Trangofarm

My wife has recently got a 2018 Fiesta Active that I’ve fitted a Viofo A119 dash cam in.  I’ve read several posts on this forum regarding which fuse to piggyback off for a switched live feed and ended up using Fuse 3.  This works absolutely fine unless I’m using the auto stop/start function whilst driving.  When the car restarts the power to the dashcam is interrupted and it restarts.  Is there another switched live fuse I could use instead that won’t cut out each time the auto stop/start kicks in?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/5/2020 at 7:11 PM, Trangofarm said:

My wife has recently got a 2018 Fiesta Active that I’ve fitted a Viofo A119 dash cam in.  I’ve read several posts on this forum regarding which fuse to piggyback off for a switched live feed and ended up using Fuse 3.  This works absolutely fine unless I’m using the auto stop/start function whilst driving.  When the car restarts the power to the dashcam is interrupted and it restarts.  Is there another switched live fuse I could use instead that won’t cut out each time the auto stop/start kicks in?

Thanks in advance

When mine was fitted they used the fuse for the Parking Assist module (not fitted on my car).

Don't know if that helps, not sure of the number though sorry.

Definitely needs to be something that stays live when the engine cuts so nothing drivetrain based.
Rear foglight, rear demister or heated steering wheel if fitted could be options.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

When mine was fitted they used the fuse for the Parking Assist module (not fitted on my car).

Don't know if that helps, not sure of the number though sorry.

Thanks for your reply.... that’s the one I’m using (fuse number 3). Sadly the stop/start seems to cause problems with the dash cam.

9 hours ago, Trangofarm said:

Thanks for your reply.... that’s the one I’m using (fuse number 3). Sadly the stop/start seems to cause problems with the dash cam.

That's strange then as my MK8 Titanium doesn't have any similar problems using that fuse.

Try fuse 10 (Data link).Used this on both my Mk8's with no problems.

• Like 1

Thanks guys I’ll take a look and give fuse 10 a go. [emoji106]

I have the same problem using an older wedge cam (A118), but most likely very similar internals. 

It's not the fuse that's the issue because mine also stays powered when the SS cuts.  The problem is that so much power is taken by the starter and diverted away from the camera when the emgine restarts.  The camera doesn't always restart on mine, only when battery charge is quite low - and especially if enough charge has drained to restart the engine whilst still waiting for the lights to change before pressing the clutch.

I don't know what can be done about it, but I'm almost certain changing the fuse won't work.  I think you'll even have the same issue using a permanent live.

I have the same problem using an older wedge cam (A118), but most likely very similar internals. 
It's not the fuse that's the issue because mine also stays powered when the SS cuts.  The problem is that so much power is taken by the starter and diverted away from the camera when the emgine restarts.  The camera doesn't always restart on mine, only when battery charge is quite low - and especially if enough charge has drained to restart the engine whilst still waiting for the lights to change before pressing the clutch.
I don't know what can be done about it, but I'm almost certain changing the fuse won't work.  I think you'll even have the same issue using a permanent live.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I need to look at using a capacitor to fix the issue rather than using a different fuse.
Interested to hear if anyone else is having or had the same problem. [emoji3]

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club