Sign in to follow this  
Ste Cooper

MK2.5 Focus front doors removal and fitment

So i need to run some cables into the front doors for a project. Usually i just crimp some new terminals and fit them to the door connector in some unused slots, there's always been empty spaces.

However iv'e read in order to disconnect the door connectors on the front of the face-lift MK2 Focus i have to remove the door entirely.

Never done this before but the removal looks simple enough, question is on re-fitment is there anything special i have to do to align it. Or is it just bolt on and not adjustable?

ta

Bolt off/bolt on, but just align carefully. Theres alot of freedom to move the door around when you're nipping it up so definitely do alot of sanity checking, mark the bolts on the door and such before you remove and it'll be a damn sight easier. Oh and have at least one other person, and do whatever you're doing with the front window down, makes it easier to hold and adjust better.. Also helps if you shut your keys in and forget that the door hasn't been plugged in to unlock it.. 😅

Other than that the harness CAN be removed and plugged in with the door on, but you have to have the hands of a child to be able to do what you need to do. Just be sure to observe how the rubber boot fits over the harness before and as you take it off; that thing is a right pain in the backside to put back on properly..