Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems after Valet

DMAC1966

Took my 2006 Ford Fusion to a local car dealership as they had an offer at my work for a Valet for £5.

Anyway after getting it back all shinny and squeaky clean i noticed a couple of problems.

1, The Automatic folding wing mirrors were engaged..(Yep loud clicking noise)!! I didn't notice until i got home as I was just handed the keys when the car pulled up. Where as before the mirrors did not fold (can't remember how i changed this the last time)?

2, I did the normal school+shopping run and when I got home i forgot to lock the car...doh!!

Anyway the next morning i noticed that the wing mirrors hadn't folded back...Great!!

But when the wife open the door I realized that it wasn't locked!!!!!. After testing it. Locking it...mirrors folded!! Leaving it unlocked for around 25mns. Nothing...still unlocked?!?

Anyway does anyone have any ideas as to how I can solve these problems?

The dealership have stated that "No settings on the car are altered and the car is not plugged into any diagnostic equipment".  "This is not something I've ever heard being caused by a valet".

They have offered to have a look at it for me.

Anyone have any suggestions besides taking it back?

We have something frustratingly similar - Nearside door mirror occasionally refuses to make any attempt at folding, and we have a random "Passenger door open" alarm, which will then stop the car locking.  So you might think we had lost te earth to the passenger door, but we can adjust the mirror, the heated mirror works, and so does the electric window......  When the automatic folding does not work, it cannot be folded from the switch either !  So I'm a little bit baffled, the intermittent faults are always the worst, and getting at the door internals is a bit of a bore!  I am going to disconnect the door connector and check in that for any water ingress and possible corrosion.

On yours, do you get a passenger door open alarm at all ?

I had a similar problem so I checked all the earths which were ok then I was told to apply plenty of WD40 to the lock and that did nothing , I finished up having to have a new door catch fitted as it would not allow me to lock the doors because it thought that the door wasn't closed. Apparently quite a few things use the courtesy light switch which is built into the lock and cannot be bought separately.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club