Do Not Sell My Personal Information

search for coilovers for fiesta mk6

jamescrum22

Hi,

I currently have a 5 door mk6 fiesta zetec blue and am looking for a set of coilovers that won't break the bank. I am looking for ones that offer around 30-40mm of lowering, but also am looking for ones that can be adjusted back to stock height, to satisfy my insurers. I have not found any suitable yet as the only set that could even adjust to stock height was £850. Is it worth looking for coilovers that would satisfy the insurer> OR do I just buy lowering springs/coilovers that can only lower the car?

Any help is appreciated, relating to your experiences with coilovers on a mk6, or recommendations of coilovers or what I should do.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I think you're getting slightly confused between lowering springs & coilovers here.

Lowering springs come in one set height - say 35mm for example.  They are a straight swap for your own springs and you can keep the original shocks.

Coilovers replace the shock & spring and have a large range of heights, often up to 70mm or more.

Neither will satisfy insurers as being 'standard', both will need to be declared and will usually increase your insurance.

If you're only looking at 30-40mm drop, I'd suggest springs will be the best option.

• Like 1

Hi.

If you have any issues with insurance with modifications then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tom. Yeh, I wasn't too sure about geting just lowering springs or a full coilover kit. I'm not bothered anymore about a coilover kit that can adjust heights to be stock height, do you have any recommendations for coilovers for a Mk6 fiesta?

I'm looking for a fairly budget option, but an option where I won't have a terrible driving experience as I do daily drive the car. I've looked at these https://www.stanceduk.com/products/stance-ultra-coilovers-suspension-kit-ford-fiesta-mk-6-all-engines-exc-st?_pos=7&_sid=ede2aa18b&_ss=r 

and they seem to be faitly good for the price, but for a bit more I saw these, which have good reviews and seem to be more widely used and recommended by Mk6 owners.

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/ap-suspension-coilover-kit-a-sgf30-018/.

I've looked and apparently getting shorter droplinks is useless, also that getting new top mounts might be a good thing to do. Do you know if any kits come with new top mounts? and if not where I could buy them from? 

Cheap coilovers will generally be uncomfortable and pretty poor for reliability too.  I had a set of FKs which rode awful and blew a shock after 13 months!  Also had a set of Stance+ (I think!) that were equally as bad, I didn't actually choose either, inherited them from previous owners lol.  I'd really recommend springs if you're not bothered about adjustable height.

Personally I like Eibach springs, but have also used Koni and H&R as well.  Again, avoid anything too cheap though as they lose the ride quality.

The APs you linked do seem to be fairly well liked on forums and FB groups but I've no personal experience with them.

Top mounts can be bought from motor factors like ECP/GSF etc.  It's always easier to buy new mounts and build the strut up off of the car. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club